Wanted for Hire: Change the color palette on NES games

Discuss technical or other issues relating to programming the Nintendo Entertainment System, Famicom, or compatible systems. See the NESdev wiki for more information.

Moderator: Moderators

Wanted for Hire: Change the color palette on NES games

Post by 2600 »

I'd like to work on a different project and have decided to farm this one out. The first task I have is to change the color palette on a few games. All from the same company, same era, with the same or similar mapper. I'd like to keep the details private for now, but will share the final results with the community at a later date. If you are interested, please let me know so that we can work out all the details.

Prefer to do payment via PayPal.

If this job works out for both parties there may be another task or two as follow ons.

Apologize if this is not the correct section of the forum.
Hamtaro126

Re: Wanted for Hire: Change the color palette on NES games

Post by Hamtaro126 »

2600 wrote:I'd like to work on a different project and have decided to farm this one out. The first task I have is to change the color palette on a few games. All from the same company, same era, with the same or similar mapper. I'd like to keep the details private for now, but will share the final results with the community at a later date. If you are interested, please let me know so that we can work out all the details.

Prefer to do payment via PayPal.

If this job works out for both parties there may be another task or two as follow ons.

Apologize if this is not the correct section of the forum.
I'd like to redirect you to the Romhacking.net Utilities section and get NES palette editor by MegaManJuno. (Originally by Fakegod, but you're really looking for MegaManJuno's Modded version, It has all of the NES colors.)

It's easier to edit the palettes this way than in a hex editor.

http://www.romhacking.net/utils/428
AKA SmilyMZX/AtariHacker.
Memblers
Site Admin

Post by Memblers »

I'd do it for $10/hr ($10 minimum), but it is really easy to do. Just a matter of identify (view palette), search, replace.
Jeroen

Post by Jeroen »

I'd do it like this. Go into emulator...look at pallet, see what values. Look for those values in hex editor. And change.

edit: obiously check if the values are in the same order and if they dont apear twice or anything.

Post by 2600 »

Thanks, I understand this is any easy task. That is why I chose to hire someone for this task instead of my other projects. I wanted to offload an easier task so I can work on other things. I'm also using this as a first project to see if I want to use the same person for a slightly larger project.

Memblers you have a PM.