Anybody interested in wrestling homebrewing?

Discuss technical or other issues relating to programming the Nintendo Entertainment System, Famicom, or compatible systems. See the NESdev wiki for more information.

Moderator: Moderators

Dwedit

Post by Dwedit »

I think the best wrestling game was No Mercy for the N64.
Here come the fortune cookies! Here come the fortune cookies! They're wearing paper hats!
tepples

Post by tepples »

Why aren't there any freestyle/folkstyle/GR wrestling games? Even Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games doesn't have wrestling. The closest things are the UFC MMA games.
cartlemmy

Post by cartlemmy »

Animating is hard, but if you enjoy it keep at it.
-Basti-

Post by -Basti- »

I really enjoy doing graphics and animations but i´m also realistic and must admit to myself that i´m not skilled well enough to do such complex animations like wrestling moves.
Animations for a Beat´em up like maybe a Super Smash Bros. for the NES could be a realistic project for me, but like I said, I need a programmer.
tepples

Post by tepples »

-Basti- wrote:Animations for a Beat´em up like maybe a Super Smash Bros. for the NES could be a realistic project for me, but like I said, I need a programmer.
You're in luck: I've wanted to program a Smash Bros. clone for NES, just waiting for an artist.
-Basti-

Post by -Basti- »

Really?! :shock: that would be awesome. We should find a better way to talk to each other and then do some planning about such a project.
Epyx

Re: Anybody interested in wrestling homebrewing?

Post by Epyx »

I would love to see somebody port Epyx's classic Championship Wrestling to the NES, we would happy pay some serious $$$ for that and get it officially released on cartridge.

Here is the C64 version for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hBkNfTqBPs

I would have thought this would be a perfect fit for the NES and pretty popular too.