Gameboy RGB colors?

Discussion of programming and development for the original Game Boy and Game Boy Color.
Zepper
Formerly Fx3

Re: Gameboy RGB colors?

Post by Zepper »

Uh... not this one, right?
Attachments
Rockman (J) 016.bmp
Drag

Post by Drag »

lidnariq wrote:I have been looking for the answer to this question for years! Thank you very much!

(I used to work for a company where my boss mentioned wanting to use the color technology of these multicolor hand-held games, and I didn't have any idea where to start. The closest I ever got was noticing that our FSTN-based products, when mistuned, could display clear, black, and navy blue)
You're welcome, and I understand your pain since it's almost impossible to find any info on non-rgb multicolor LCDs. It wasn't until a tip that the casio graphing calculators use STNs that I got anywhere. :P
tepples

Post by tepples »

Does the Pokemon Pikachu 2 pedometer (light green, yellow, red, black) use the same principle?
lidnariq

Post by lidnariq »

tepples wrote:Does the Pokemon Pikachu 2 pedometer (light green, yellow, red, black) use the same principle?
Looks like it? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Pikachu2.jpg
Using green as the neutral color probably helps reduce the total bias range needed.

Certainly the Michel-Levy charts I can find show very nice pure colors, plus a few others (transparent, blackish, brownish). The spectra have some weird discontinuities, though.