It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:11 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

How should I fund a new server
Keep the ads, but make them fit in better 35%  35%  [ 22 ]
Ditch the ads and accept donations 57%  57%  [ 36 ]
Neither option (please specify and alternative in a reply to this post) 8%  8%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 63
 Post subject: Re: Nesdev.com funding
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:23 pm 
Formerly WheelInventor

Having worked closely with a textile industry museum, i get horrified by the amount of t-shirts getting produced, how many tonnes of t-shirts are thrown away, and how many there are in the average wardrobe. The social and environmental aspects aren't pretty to look at. When youtubers sell their promotional stuff, i cringe. That said, a nesdev tshirt/piqué isn't quite like a company/event/promotional tshirt. It'd be a small run, and i'd wear it for as long as the fabric holds. Better have a good look at materials, quality and production, though. I don't mind paying for something that'll last.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:58 pm 

NovaSquirrel wrote:
I would totally wear nesdev related shirts if they were for sale, and then wear them to show off that I'm an ultra nerd.

I have the exact oposite goal in life, that is, to hide whether possible I'm an "ultra nerd".

Quote:
Having worked closely with a textile industry museum, i get horrified by the amount of t-shirts getting produced, how many tonnes of t-shirts are thrown away, and how many there are in the average wardrobe.

Well I don't throw any away but I have 60+ of them in my wardrobe, and I barely bought less than 10 of them, all others were offered to me. And I don't know why it's so convenient to offer t-shirt, if they did the same for all kind of clothes with an equal frequency and not just t-shirts it'd be much more useful. For example these days raincoat would be more useful than yet another tshirt.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:08 am 

Bregalad wrote:
I have the exact oposite goal in life, that is, to hide whether possible I'm an "ultra nerd".

Nobody in the real world knows what NesDev is, your secret is safe! :lol: I have tons of nerdy t-shirts, and would love an NesDev one if the design was cool, but importing t-shirts is waaay to expensive for me and completely out of question right now.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:38 am 

Bregalad wrote:
NovaSquirrel wrote:
I would totally wear nesdev related shirts if they were for sale, and then wear them to show off that I'm an ultra nerd.

Haha, I thought being a nerd was the new cool these days. It seems every five seconds I hear people competing for how Nerdy they are because they watch Game of Thrones or whatever. :roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6