Automated Testing of Emulator

Discussion of programming and development for the original Game Boy and Game Boy Color.
IndyBonez

Automated Testing of Emulator

Post by IndyBonez »

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has set up any sort of automated testing using the Test ROMs from Blargg and the Mooneye emulator?

When a test finishes it seems to just loop forever and I was going to just put some loop detection in to terminate things but it seems like a lot of work just to figure out if a test finished, and that doesn't help me find out if it succeeded or not.

I haven't found much info anywhere but there must be a way to detect the ROM is finished and what the state of the test was?
tepples

Re: Automated Testing of Emulator

Post by tepples »

What do Blargg's tests write to $6000-$7FFF?
IndyBonez

Post by IndyBonez »

I know there is a specific address used for writing output to a console or similar are you referring to that?
IndyBonez

Post by IndyBonez »

So i do remember reading somewhere that I could at least for ROMs that I can already pass create a hash of the success screen rendered at the end of the test, plus how long it took and then use that to compare test/failure cases. But that only helps me ensure I have no regression.

It doesn't help me just run through a bunch of tests for the first time and figure out how many I'm passing/failing