It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:53 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:29 am
Posts: 4
Hi there! I've been working on my own Game Boy emulator for a while now (I made a post several months ago on here, but much progress has been made since).

Recently I've added MBC1 support so I can test the main cpu_instrs.gb test ROM.
It seems to run fine until it starts actually testing.

This is the output:
Code:
cpu_instrs

01:05

Failed 1 tests.


So obviously, it's failing the first test, and the fifth sub-test. I checked the ASM of the fifth sub-test, and verified that all of the instructions are implemented correctly.
The bad instruction is most likely not in the test routine itself, but before it even gets there. My question is, how would I debug this? I really don't feel like using a working emulator and stepping over every line until they change. That would take forever.

Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:49 am
Posts: 88
I find the fastest way to do this is to log all executing instructions to a text file and then just compare against a log from a working emulator. If your emulator can't already do this I strongly suggest it as it has saved me countless hours.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 7 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group