Scrolling hum bar when using GBA Flash carts on NDS Lite

Discussion of programming and development for the original Game Boy and Game Boy Color.
getafixx

Scrolling hum bar when using GBA Flash carts on NDS Lite

Post by getafixx »

I have found a weird issue when using a NDS Lite to play GBA Flash carts. It's tough to capture on camera, but if you watch the sleeping man in the lower right side you can see it in your peripheral vision: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x20jtkrl61ubf ... 7.mp4?dl=0

I can see it on the Everdrive GBA X5, but only when playing on a DS Lite. Other GBA compatible consoles don't seem to have this issue.

Looks like Hum bar, but it scrolls from top to bottom instead of bottom to top. The issue isn't present on official GBA carts when playing on this system. And I've confirmed the issue happens on two different DS Lite consoles.

Any ideas?
calima

Re: Scrolling hum bar when using GBA Flash carts on NDS Lite

Post by calima »

I don't see any top-to-bottom or bottom-to-top hums, but looking at the hearts I see waves going from right to left and left to right (the video is rotated, but I mean the coords as with the image proper). They kinda look like camera artifacts too, not sure if they're actually on the screen.

It's possible the lite just has the video cable unprotected and located in a convenient spot for picking up extra EM.