It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:41 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:33 am
Posts: 3715
Location: Central Texas, USA
Updated links (also updated earlier message):

cpu_instrs.zip
instr_timing.zip
mem_timing.zip

Thank koitsu for providing me reliable space here on parodius.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:05 pm
Posts: 14
Brilliant!

Thanks for these!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:40 pm
Posts: 207
Again, sorry for the necro, but this board seems to be a graveyard.

During the instruction timing test, I receive an error:

"Failed #255"

I'd really appreciate some clarity on this error (The previous test passes 11/11 also)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:18 pm
Posts: 2801
Try looking through the source code for that test.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:40 pm
Posts: 207
MottZilla wrote:
Try looking through the source code for that test.


Turned out the Timer sync wasn't working properly because I wasn't adding cycles for taken CALL, RET, and JR instructions. But now the test is saying that I'm using extremely large timing values (on the order of 255) instead of the expected times. So, as with all emu dev: fix one thing, break another.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:18 pm
Posts: 2801
The problem with these tests is if certain things are wrong the test is unreliable anyway. It may be better to test with game software.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:40 pm
Posts: 207
It took some doing but I finally figured out the problem, I wasn't handling the cases where more cycles are added to my TIMA frequency timer than were being remove (262,144 hz frequency was doing this, and also happens to be the speed used by the tests). So it all boiled down to changing an if statement to a while statement.

:(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:18 pm
Posts: 2801
Did you figure out it was the timer by looking through the test's source? Just curious.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:40 pm
Posts: 207
I noticed that 262,144hz was pretty fast and checked my timers during runtime, and sure enough there were many unspent cycles.

The source was pretty hard to follow, but I'm not complaining, at least the tests exist :)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 7 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group