It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:51 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 11:35 am 

Thanks! Loads up fine now, Trying all the features to make sure they work ^_^!
Edit: Everything works fine ^_^ Thank you :D

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:26 pm 

If you find other games that don't work, be sure to mention them.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 8:55 am 

Hey!
I still get the error previously mentioned in this thread while playing Links Awakening. I've been able to save until I rescue the bowwow.
After that, if I save and then load I see link on a white screen. If restart and load, I'm back at the last save before rescuing the bowwow (which now is at the entrance to the cave where I rescue it).

I've tried both the fix uploaded to this thread and the one on your page.
Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 11:21 am 

If I get enough time, I will try to investigate the problem. If you have a save file just before the point where you recsue him and the problem occurs, uploading it will speed up investigating the problem. It would save me having to play up to that point in the game.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 11:26 am 

MottZilla wrote:
If I get enough time, I will try to investigate the problem. If you have a save file just before the point where you recsue him and the problem occurs, uploading it will speed up investigating the problem. It would save me having to play up to that point in the game.

I do, i will upload the file in ~1 hour when i get home :)

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 1:03 pm 

Here's the savefile: http://ge.tt/7y9cgVh1/v/0
Thanks! :)

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 7:08 pm 

You might need to be more specific. Which exact rom version are you using? When exactly are you saving after rescuing Bow Wow? I tried briefly to replicate you steps but did not get the same result.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 11:13 pm 

I've been using several versions of the rom. Maybe you can link to the one you're using (and the fix) in a pm and i'll see if that works? The odd thing is that the menu says it needs to be patched even though i have patched it.

The problem comes right after saving the bowwow (beat the moblins, rescue it, leave the dungeon, try to save

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 8:26 am 

I'll try again when I can. The menu mentioning that the game may need patching is because there are multiple fixes. So if you aren't using the fix it's looking for, it'll mention it. It was an idea I added to my menu to help warn people that might not know a particular game requires a fix.

Anyway, I'll try to test this out again when I have the chance.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 1:04 am 

Worth noting is that "link on a white background" is the loading screen, not a loaded game

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:37 pm 

Out of curiosity's sake, has anyone come up with a way to extract the saves from specific games when there are multiple on the cartridge, even if it can't be done live on the cartridge (as in transferring the entire save to a computer, extracting/injecting into the file, and then putting it back on the cartridge)?

Also, I think I remember reading that the menu is saved in the SRAM. Does that mean that if you only have one game save on the cartridge and you read the SRAM, it will only be the game save, or will it have menu data in there as well?

Lastly, is it not possible to fill up a full 32mb page? When I try to install 32mb exactly worth of roms, I'm told that there is not enough storage space.

Sorry, I'm still new to this.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:42 am 

The menu has to be stored in the same space as ROMs. You cannot put 32Mbits of game roms on a page unless it is one 32Mbit game which also means you'll have no SRAM management as you have no menu.

You can extract a single save if you want. I thought someone made a tool but you can do it manually if need be with a hex editor. SRAM is 128KB in size and can be saved from the flashing program.

Once you save the 128KB image you just need to know which 8KB block to extract. The first 4 blocks are temporary storage. All the following blocks excluding the very last one are game storage blocks. The very last block contains menu save data which does hold a list of game titles if you need help figuring out which block is the game save you are looking for.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:20 am 

Ah that makes sense, thanks!

Do you know of any quick guides to read on doing something similar? I've barely played with hex editors in the past.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:21 am 

ROMHacking.net might have some information on hex editors. If I ever get around to it, I'll put together a tool for save extracting and perhaps insertion too. But I sure thought someone metnioned having already made one for it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:08 am 

Hello, seems like thegaminguniverse site is down for a fev days. Anyone have SmartCard 64 fixes By MottZilla (sc_mzfix.zip)? Thanks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 329 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 22  Next