It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:10 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 324 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 22  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:04 pm 

That worked :)
Thanks a lot!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:47 am 

Using the last patch, I found another bankswitch problem in Link's Awakening. I played for many hours and it's difficult to explain when it happens but I can say it's exactly after this text script:

Hoot! I see you
have read the
relief... While
it does say the
island is but a
dream of the
Wind Fish, no
one is really
sure... Just as
you cannot know
if a chest holds
treasure until
you open it, so
you cannot tell
if this is a
dream until you
awaken... The
only one who
knows for sure
is the Wind
Fish... Trust
your feelings...
Someday you will
know for sure...

If I save and quit after this, this time I get a scrambled save select screen. If I turn off and on again, the game wasn't saved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 3:57 pm 

Hi,

I've been out of town for a bit, and then it took a while to get as far into the game as you.

Unfortunately - again - I can't reproduce this. Sigh. And I've taken care to make sure that what eluded me last time wouldn't again, so...

You're sure the crash happens immediately after the owl's speech?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 5:39 pm 

He said a problem happens if he saves and quits at this point, not that it crashes at that point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 6:46 pm 

Exactly, it happens from that point onwards. Before that point I can save, turn off and it works fine when resuming. After Link reads this text

"TO THE FINDER... THE ISLE OF KOHOLINT, IS BUT AN ILLUSION... HUMAN, MONSTER, SEA, SKY... A SCENE ON THE LID OF A SLEEPER'S EYE... AWAKE THE DREAMER, AND KOHOLINT WILL VANISH MUCH LIKE A BUBBLE ON A NEEDLE... CAST-AWAY, YOU SHOULD KNOW THE TRUTH!"

written on a stone and then goes outside of Southern Shrine, the owl appears and from that point, wherever I go, the save screen gets scrambled if I choose "save and quit" and in fact nothing is saved. If I turn off and on, the save isn't lost and I appear again outside the Southern Shrine where I saved last time. I go inside, I read that stone, I go outside, the owl appears and again the game isn't saved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 7:44 pm 

Yeah, dybbi what to tell you. I just played through from the beginning up to that point looking for problems, and not a single one. I can save and reload my save just fine afterward.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:29 pm 

Maybe he should download the save from his cartridge and post it online for you to test with it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 8:53 am 

It's worth a shot. Hit me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:55 pm 

Hello,

I've been some months without looking this forum and I completely forgot to send the savefile. I finished Zelda Awakening by using the same savefile on the DX version and everything worked fine. Then I started playing Oracle of Seasons and then I continued with Oracle of Ages. Now I write again here because the game gets suddently locked (frozen screen) during the ending scenes, just before the credits. Luckily I could import the battery file in VisualBoy emulator and continue watching the ending scene and get the Heroe Secret.

If you're interested, as a challenge, I'm sending you that Zelda Awakening savefile and this Oracle of Ages savefile, so that you can try to investigate and learn how to fix these issues.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JBHYZ9C0

Note: both savefiles are for the EUR version and the bugs appear only with the GB SMART CART

Thanks for your contribution!
Regards,
Josep M.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:59 am 

Which of the games freeze during the ending? All 3 or just the Oracles games?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:47 am 

Only one of the Oracle series: just the Ages. You can check by loading my ages.sav with the SMART CART, going up the stairs, solve the 7 rooms puzzle and trigger the ending scene.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:29 am 

Does someone managed to fix "Gargoyle Quest", please?

Some other games that don't work :

- Mario's Picross (UE) [S][!].gb (blank screen after the first credit page if I remember right)
- Nettou Samurai Spirits - Zankurou Musouken (Japan) (SGB Enhanced) (blank screen)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:33 pm 

Hey, praedo, glad you got some use out of that LA patch.

I'm afraid I'm crazy busy these days (working full-time has that effect), so there's no way I could tackle the other Zelda games. I've never much cared for the Oracle games anyway, heh :) I also don't have a GBC, only a Pocket, so there's no way I could test on hardware at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:22 pm 

Dear adam_smasher,

Thanks for your efforts despite your busy work. About testing it on real hardware, I can do it for you to confirm patches work. If you use my savefile for Oracle of Ages, you load it, you walk ahead and the final scene starts. Soon after it freezes. I could play the entire game without any problem (but I couldn't see the ending). I guess it's some kind of protection maybe. I had to see the ending with an emulator. By the way, Oracle series are great!

Josep M.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:25 pm 

About Link's Awakening previous patch, it's still unresolved and I guess you could try to debug if there's some bank switching again at that point. The savegame is included in the same megaupload post.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 324 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 22  Next