Anyone Own an EZFlash IV?

Discussion of programming and development for the original Game Boy and Game Boy Color.
Jedi QuestMaster

Anyone Own an EZFlash IV?

Post by Jedi QuestMaster »

I guess I could make use of this Game Boy section to ask a Game Boy Advance-related question. :wink:

I'm thinking of buying this:

Link

But I'm a bit skeptical about its "client software" that is needed to patch roms.

Will emulators run fine on this? I only own a GBASP, not a DS.

The other flashcart I have been looking at is the M3 Perfect, which doesn't seem to be around anymore. :(
tepples

Post by tepples »

Most of this "patching" is minor mapper-hacking so that games relying on flash or serial EEPROM can work with ordinary SRAM. As I understand it, the patching won't be attempted if it doesn't see the standardized save I/O subroutines. In general, if you want to know if a given card can run Goomba Color, the best forum I know of for GBA flash card help is pocketheaven.com.
danntor

Post by danntor »

I own both the normal version and the lite version(designed to fit in nice and snug inside a DS Lite). Excellent cart for playing GBA games and as for emulators all I ever really tried out was a NES emulator and that worked fine( I have forgotten if you had to patch homebrew to get it to work). The patching software worked fine with the myriad of games I chucked at it.
Jedi QuestMaster

Interesting. I take it the one I'm looking at here is not the Lite version?

Regardless, what NES emulator are you using? PocketNES I assume?
Jedi QuestMaster

I just received my cartridge, & Goomba Color works fine on it! :D

Now I can play Tetris! :lol:
CharlineMe

Re: Anyone Own an EZFlash IV?

Post by CharlineMe »

I own a DS lite and GBA SP. I have the EZ FLASH IV, and it works great on both of them. After downloading the gba games I use the "ez4_client" to add save patches to the roms and write them into the TF card. After this, it's game time. I think it's no hassle at all using the client software. :o :o
BlockOutGuy

Post by BlockOutGuy »

Heads-up: The board is thicker than a standard GBA cartridge.
Don't drink and drive, kids!
tokumaru

Post by tokumaru »

Nowadays I think anyone would be better off with a GBA EverDrive, since krikzz's creations are of much higher quality than the typical chinese crap.
ApolloBoy

Post by ApolloBoy »

The Everdrive GBA is awesome, don't really see why anyone would go for an EZ Flash IV these days aside from price.