copyright plant zone

A place for your artistic side. Discuss techniques and tools for pixel art on the NES, GBC, or similar platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

Sik

Re: copyright plant zone

Post by Sik »

tokumaru wrote:Looks great, ptoing, but it's still not very "animatable".
Could make for some good static platforms though :v (assuming you make them not block you from below)
Terwilf

Post by Terwilf »

This is great what you did, I would love it to be a reality to play it, on the other hand although it is somewhat complex to bring the game to reality if it is able to display all the graphics you want, the Somari Engine uses a pirate variant of mmc3 , this makes it possible to move a large graphical load without flinching, but in this case it should be used in the background to avoid multiple overlapping, something similar can be seen in the Final Zone, another problem that you will have to deal with is the reduced space you have for the tileset (128x128), because although the game is able to change it dynamically this must be set in the programming of each type of object (I'm not 100% sure of that), but in case you do not want To complicate yourself so much by adapting existing resources you can create something decent enough.

Commenting a little more about the benefits of this Engine, all objects are made up of blocks of 16x16 to which you can easily assign any palette or existing physics, in the same way enemies can be called at any level, but they will be the graphs of the objset assigned to the level, although this is easily modifiable, finally the levels are conformed by approximately 63 blocks of 256x240 per Zone, excepting the special stage and the final Zone, these can be called indefinitely at the level of the level (Objects use another table to be loaded). If you are interested in all these things I will explain them in more detail in this post :mrgreen:.

I also pass this application always helps me to adapt graphics Color Quantizer (sometimes it is advisable to load your own palette instead of using the one that calculates the application).

Luck! :wink:
Estlib

Post by Estlib »

dude, dont necrobump. not cool.
NOPE.
tepples

Post by tepples »

As I see it, most of us have little if any problem with bumps in good faith with substantial new information or critique for a couple reasons. It's not quite as disruptive as creating a duplicate topic just to add a reply, and it shows that a user is at least using the search button. See "Posting and You" (SWF or YouTube).
tokumaru

Post by tokumaru »

I'm perfectly OK with bumps that contain relevant information, like in this case. The annoying kind of bump is the one with nothing but a pointless reaction that adds nothing to the discussion (e.g. "Cool!").
adam_smasher

Post by adam_smasher »

And Estlib, nearly a month had passed since Terwilf's one-and-only post, so - since your post did nothing but scold a user who doesn't seem to be interested in posting here - if anything I'd accuse you of the problematic necrobump :P
Terwilf

Post by Terwilf »

I want to express my sincere apologies and clarify that I fully understand his reaction, at the same time I would like to clarify that the only reason that led me to comment on his publication is that the work he did seemed exceptional, I do not know how to explain it, but when I saw it I immediately felt as if it emanated the official aesthetics of the game :wink: