It's time I come here looking for a programmer/partner
In the last year I was working with Lazycow on the comp project Wolfling, and I learnt a lot about the workflow and possibilities - and also about myself. So, in hope of finding somebody, I write about what I can do:
- I'm experienced with platformers
, also tried shoot em ups before. I'm open to other forms of games, but then I have to learn about how to create them (analyze and play games etc.). (Fantasy-like environments fit my style better, but I'm open to this too.)
- I made some level concepts before, some were working, some not. I'm slow at this and I should be capable of trying my ideas out - pen and paper rarely worked out.
- I have my own ideas and I'm a good at discussing the details of yours. I may be stubborn sometimes, but I rather compromise than doing nothing. I can not make a game alone, that's for sure and it's okay to make it of your thoughts and mine. (It's good to know who's in charge of what, especially when talking about the story and setting.)
- I'm free at summer, I could do most of the work till the end of august and some of them during december. Other times I'm slow.
- I need to know the technical limitation of the project to present the ideas. (Size of the sprite and tile sheet, possible scrolling type, room sizes etc.) I found out that programmers have different approach to the NES and are capable of different things. I prefer work knowing the limitations, than just planning and see if it's going to work or not.
- I like to communicate via e-mail, and I can use some of the project-organizing websites, such as Trello or Padlet.
- I want to make a story driven game for the NES, if possible: with a working cartridge in a reasonable time. I'm patient but it's good to see the progress and would be good to finish it in 2 years.
If it fits your interest, please contact me in pm and let's discuss it.