Trying to teach myself pixel art

A place for your artistic side. Discuss techniques and tools for pixel art on the NES, GBC, or similar platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

DragonDePlatino

Re: Trying to teach myself pixel art

Post by DragonDePlatino »

Rahsennor wrote:I don't care what it looks like, I want to stop it rocketing around like a Wiimote at thirty paces. Which it continues to do after I close ASEprite and reboot. Does the Windows version do that too?
I have no earthly idea what you're talking about. Sounds like an issue with mouse sensitivity to me. Try setting ScreenScale to 1 in aseprite.ini and if that doesn't work, I'd give Espozo's tool a shot. If that's not to your liking, the free version of Pro Motion running in Wine sounds like your next best bet. From what I understand, it was used in the development of Shovel Knight so it's fitting for NES graphics.
Kasumi

Re: Trying to teach myself pixel art

Post by Kasumi »

I know the mouse stuff you're talking about. I don't have a mac myself, but it was marked fixed by the developer a while ago. You can try the free demo (saving disabled one, not the older version one) to see if you get the same problem. As well, if it's the mouse image you don't like, you can have the program use your native mouse cursor as an experimental option. (I cannot confirm if that option works well on mac. I do know it has some issues on linux still.)

Edit: Actually it may be ongoing: https://github.com/aseprite/aseprite/issues/926 If it's that. This is the issue I was thinking of that has been fixed. Even though... it's not marked fixed. I remember reading a commit for it.

I actually really, really like Aseprite and its interface, and I've tried most things out there. Even more obscure stuff like Moai. I'm always on the look out for new software, but Aseprite's my favorite of everything I've used. (And it's a long list.)