First attempt at NES graphics, please comment!

A place for your artistic side. Discuss techniques and tools for pixel art on the NES, GBC, or similar platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

Sik

Re: First attempt at NES graphics, please comment!

Post by Sik »

Well, if we bring back the CGA topic:

And for fun since it looks way more purple than I recalled, EGA with better colors:

Not even gonna bother with VGA since it'd look exactly the same as the original =P
lidnariq

Post by lidnariq »

If you're going to post the CGA RGBI image after we talked so much about composite color, I basically feel obliged to post something generated via reenigne's converter:
Attachments
test3_out.png
test3_out_rgbi.png
test3_out_rgbi.png (3.97 KiB) Viewed 4207 times
Sik

Post by Sik »

Well, my CGA comment was about that palette I used. It was you guys who somehow thought I was talking about composite artifacts =/ (also why is the contrast so low on that pic...?)
FrankenGraphics
Formerly WheelInventor

Post by FrankenGraphics »

One reworked concept screen and this may-be-game became port ready :mrgreen:

EDIT:

Here's a comparison of four possible ntsc outcomes (too large to post) with a new palette colour for mountain reflection and deep shades. It is a bit more vague and flat, but i think the relationship is a lot more stable. In the worst case scenario according this test and my taste, the shade is at least colder without turning teal.

The other option i think is viable is doing it pitch black, but there's already so much of that going on.
Marscaleb

Post by Marscaleb »

WheelInventor wrote:One reworked concept screen and this may-be-game became port ready :mrgreen:
Welcome to the NesDev forums. We don't screw around.