It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:59 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:26 am 

I've been using yy-chr for quite some time now, and I've pretty much figured it all out, but I don't have any idea what that ADF file save/load is for under the palette menu. Am I missing some useful functionality for editting NES or is it just for some other system?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:56 pm 

Think of an ADF file as an custom layout file, as it remaps the tile's layout for use in other games, lets say you are working on a SMB1 hack and want to rearrange tiles without harming the original 8x8 layout, You can make a new layout by editing it to conform to your arrangement standard

Example:

Code:
(00)(02)
(01)(03)

in 8x16 mode, from the default ADF file, turns into:

Code:
(00)(01)
(02)(03)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:33 pm 

It took me a few days to try fiddling about with it to understand what you said. What I noticed is that what you said I already knew and used, it's the pattern arranger. What I didn't know is that the two features were related. You were talking about the pattern arranger in which you can choose default arrangements from and edit or create a new one.

My question was regarding the ADF file save/load feature so I was puzzled by your answer. I had noticed the pattern arranger didn't work between sessions even though I "saved" my new pattern in the arranger popup. So I thought maybe that's what the adf file save/load feature did, and yes, that's what it does. Thanks for hinting me in the right direction!

There is nothing indicating these features are related which is why I was confused. What does "ADF" stand for anyway?