Re: HD Pack's Mesen
Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:10 pm
Bomberman HD pack made by Imkrut: http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=30619.0
NES Development and Strangulation Records message boards
Wow I usually really dislike those HD packs, but this one really appeals to me!zevs_7 wrote: ↑Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:42 amThe Legend of Zelda by Aclectico:
I have a tool:
Thanks a lot! I didn't end up using the tool as much as I thought I would but it really helped me in understanding the formatmkwong98 wrote: ↑Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:26 pmI have a tool:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BDpCn ... fpy3SIVXjQ
"Can you make "HDPacks" for the Japanese versions of "Castlevania 3 Dracula's Curse" and "Contra/Super C" please? I tried to make some myself and it ended in failure."mkwong98 wrote: ↑Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:59 pmYes, I organized them manually. I use the raw sprite sheet to see which tiles need work. Once I make the replacement for a group of connected tiles, I add the replacement to another sheet and remove the tiles from the raw sheet. So the tiles in the final sprite sheet are organized.Sour wrote:As far as I know, the tiles in that picture are organized in a neat manner because someone organized them manually
There are a few obstacles that I can think of:thefox wrote:It seems like something that could be done by looking at the connectedness of the hardware sprites at runtime (i.e., which ones appear next to others, and how often).
1. The object is moving near the edge of the screen and some of the tiles may go outside the screen. 2. The same tile appears multiple times in several poses of the same object.
3. Tiles within the same object overlap each other (various characters in Double Dragons II)
4. Tiles within the same object are not fixed relative to each other (white dragon in Castlevania)
5. Two objects appears to be connected (Mario holding a shell in SMB3)
6. Objects using the background layer
This will be a fantastic resource to populate with HD packs. Great find!bogaa wrote: ↑Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:51 pmZeldix does have a page to submit HD packs. I did just discover that.
https://www.zeldix.net/f86-mesen-hd-and ... s-database