Using claymation instead of pixel art for a NES game.

A place for your artistic side. Discuss techniques and tools for pixel art on the NES, GBC, or similar platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

NeoTorpor

Re: Using claymation instead of pixel art for a NES game.

Post by NeoTorpor »

@Macbee, i want to make a Harvest Moon with combat options (like rune factory) or an endless dungeon crawler. There is this chinese bootleg of Harvest Moon for the NES. Which tools you use for the conversions? (blob and bad mr frosty). Thank you.
Attachments
NJ011 - Harvest Moon (C)_000.png
NJ011 - Harvest Moon (C)_000.png (5.26 KiB) Viewed 8631 times
Harvest moon with swords is a terrific idea.
Macbee

Post by Macbee »

NeoTorpor wrote:@Macbee, i want to make a Harvest Moon with combat options (like rune factory) or an endless dungeon crawler. There is this chinese bootleg of Harvest Moon for the NES. Which tools you use for the conversions? (blob and bad mr frosty). Thank you.
Maybe these small, top view characters won't look very good on NES with claymotion - but I think it's worth at least a try.
You can make conversions like these using photo editors like Gimp or Photoshop.

I can also suggest you to look for graphics at Open Game Art
There's nice, free stuff there - like Zoria tileset for instance https://opengameart.org/content/zoria-tileset
NeoTorpor

Post by NeoTorpor »

@Macbee, thank you. I will start with GIMP tutorials.

@everyone, thanks for the replies. I want to make a Rune Factory (Harvest Moon with swords) or maybe an endless dungeon Crawler. I know a bit of C, C++ and HTML5.
Harvest moon with swords is a terrific idea.