Label template?

A place for your artistic side. Discuss techniques and tools for pixel art on the NES, GBC, or similar platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

endrien

Label template?

Post by endrien »

Does anyone have a template for making a cartridge label? I found one but it does not have the end label...
tepples

Post by tepples »

I do, and I added it to the wiki. It includes the outline, the approximate bleed, and the position of the fold line.
endrien

Post by endrien »

tepples wrote:I do, and I added it to the wiki. It includes the outline, the approximate bleed, and the position of the fold line.
I used that, its the right size but I can't seem to get the label to stick using a glue stick. Mostly my troubles are with the end label. I'm using Epson glossy photopaper, its pretty thick which is probably why, it doesnt want to stay folded well. I also got poor results with rubber cement.
Jedi QuestMaster

Post by Jedi QuestMaster »

Thinner paper is usually better for sticking.

Also, what kind of glue are you using. A photo glue stick should suffice.
koitsu

Post by koitsu »

I can't imagine a glue stick or rubber cement working. And don't try crazy glue or anything like that since it'll bleed through the paper. IMHO, you're going about this all wrong. :-)

Try printing on a different type of paper, like white or clear decal paper -- it comes with an adhesive backing. Just make sure you print on it using an inkjet/deskjet printer and not a laser. I just recently helped a guy with a near-identical request.
NESHomebrew
Formerly WhatULive4

Post by NESHomebrew »

You can also buy double sided sticky paper to make anything a sticker.