It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:53 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:47 pm 

There's a story there. But I can say with pretty much absolute certainty that it won't get picked up by Konami for US release any time soon.

But you're right, and it's something I've been working on quietly in the background. Just not with LP. You'll know if and when anything comes of it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:05 pm 

(Now available!)
Image Image

Aeon Genesis has, at long last, released their translation patch for the highly-anticipated NES RPG, Lagrange Point, made famous for its inclusion of on-board FM audio. It's worth noting that this is the eventual end-result of the same translation project started by J2E Translations more than ten years ago; it was handed off to Aeon Genesis after necrosaro left to pursue his doctorate. The translation is complete, fully tested, and hopefully bug-free, so enjoy!

Relevant linkage: Aeon Genesis

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:11 pm 

Woot!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:58 pm 

Welp, it finally happened. First, Bio Force Ape was found, now Langrange Point has been finally translated...what else is left for the NES? It almost feels like the end of an era, but there's still the elusive "Yeah Yeah Beebiss I".

That said, good work. You deserve the rest.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:05 pm 

I still really wanna see the NES Sim City prototype. Actually I just want to hear it, really. Very interested to know what Soyo Oka came up with on the NES.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:24 pm 

OneCrudeDude wrote:
Welp, it finally happened. First, Bio Force Ape was found, now Langrange Point has been finally translated...what else is left for the NES? It almost feels like the end of an era, but there's still the elusive "Yeah Yeah Beebiss I".

There's always Megami Tensei 2 with its extra sound chip!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:33 am 

OneCrudeDude wrote:
Welp, it finally happened. First, Bio Force Ape was found, now Langrange Point has been finally translated...what else is left for the NES?

There's Metal Slader Glory, the biggest FC game ever released (not counting Chineese chep pirate suff like multicarts or this terrible FF7 demake)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:50 am 

OneCrudeDude wrote:
First, Bio Force Ape was found, now Langrange Point has been finally translated...what else is left for the NES?

SimCity. If not that, I'd say creating free engines for use in platformers, overhead action adventures, etc., so that ROM hackers don't have to start from something proprietary.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:33 am 

Damn, I forgot about SimCity. I heard that's locked up somewhere in Nintendo's safes. I hope they managed to dump the game data and preserved it, assuming Nintendo even cares about that.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:25 pm 

Has anyone tried putting this on an actual Lagrange Point cart yet?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:54 am 

I've played through a bunch of it so far, and it's looking really good. My only minor complaint is that Cornarea (which is capitalized as "CornArea" in one place) wasn't called "Corneria", because that would've been funny.

The only bug I've observed so far is one that was present in the original game - in the NPC Buy interface, if you press Up and A with just the right timing (similar to the Spazer+Plasma trick in Super Metroid), you can purchase the "Next" entry, which gives you a semi-random item (based on the shop you're at and the section you're viewing).

There's a decent walkthrough of the game over here (which also mentions the Up+A trick above, among other things), though it's in Japanese - Google Translate does a semi-decent job on it, but if there's interest, I'll see if I can provide a better English translation (including images).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:13 am 

So now we have four spellings:
  • Cornelia (originally intended, and used in revised translations of the first Final Fantasy)
  • Coneria (first translation of Final Fantasy)
  • Corneria (Star Fox)
  • Cornarea/Corn Area (AG's Lagrange Point translation)

On the one hand, there exist other FF allusions in LP. But on the other hand, there's also a "Corn Base".

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:57 am 

tepples wrote:
  • Cornarea/Corn Area (AG's Lagrange Point translation)

On the one hand, there exist other FF allusions in LP. But on the other hand, there's also a "Corn Base".

We localized a few of the area names a very, very little bit; Cornarea was one of them. There's a Corn Area, Potato Area, and Orange Area, and in localizing we figured we'd give a very slight tilt of the head to other famous similar-sounding names. But all the areas and cities, with the exception of the Isis City capital, are named after the essential building blocks of society - food, minerals, energy.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:44 am 

Likewise, I'll assume you chose "Isis City" over "Raqqa" for good reason.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:50 pm 

He-hey, it's Super C/Operation C all over again!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next