Lizard

A place where you can keep others updated about your NES-related projects through screenshots, videos or information in general.

Moderator: Moderators

Erockbrox

Re: Lizard

Post by Erockbrox »

I played the demo to check it out. I really like the music and the artwork. One thing I couldn't figure out though were the ? mark doors and I remember getting a long list of letters that showed up on screen which I couldn't figure out what that for.

I really like the small additions to the game like the little frogs and snails. Those are so cool, but it is somewhat trial and error because how am I supposed to know the slightly darker green frog actually kills me. I guess its a poison arrow frog right ;)

Overall the game looks and feels pretty solid I just haven't gotten a chance to really get into it yet. Are you responsible for the music, coding, artwork? Or are there separate people working on it?
rainwarrior

Post by rainwarrior »

Thanks! Everything in there was done by me.
rainwarrior

Post by rainwarrior »

On the subject of American Thanksgiving:

tepples

Post by tepples »

But first you have to feed it three doses of "candy". (You couldn't say "drugs" in a Nintendo game in the pre-ESRB era.)

Nemo from Little Nemo: The Dream Master tosses a sedative at a lizard

The result
OneCrudeDude

Post by OneCrudeDude »

Was it really an illicit narcotic reference, or this another joke similar in the vein of "Mario is actually taking hallucinogenic mushrooms"?
tepples

Post by tepples »

It's "Using a lizard as depicted above reminds me of Little Nemo" plus the latter.
koitsu

Post by koitsu »

Last 6 cells of animation in rainwarrior's post made me immediately think of cats puking to techno. Don't ask.
rainwarrior

Post by rainwarrior »

Anyhow, it's funded! WOOOOOO!!!!!

I have a lot of work to do now. ;)
tepples

Post by tepples »

You may have just been Joe jobbed. A hacker group called Lizard Squad managed to shut down PlayStation Network (via Slashdot). I hope people will be able to tell you from them.
Alp

Post by Alp »

Kinda lost track of this game's progress... Congrats on the funding!

I've been meaning to post about this glitch, and I'm not sure if it's been brought to your attention yet.
(I had to reset the screen a few times, because I forgot how I managed this. Though, it's easy to pull off flawlessly, once you know how.)

So: boing! boing! boing! boing! boing! secret world warp! :shock:

I have verified that it is indeed possible to do, on every screen with a snail, you may want to fix this.
NESHomebrew
Formerly WhatULive4

Post by NESHomebrew »

Are you playing on the newest build? I found this the first day and I'm pretty sure he fixed it.
Kasumi

Post by Kasumi »

I can confirm it still works on the version currently on the website. But that may or may not be the latest build.

Edit: And now I have read stuff which says send an email for bug reports so I suppose I'll do that.
rainwarrior

Post by rainwarrior »

Yes, I knew about that bug. It's been fixed for a long time, but there was never any intention to update that demo. (There will be a new demo several weeks from now with the final release.) Thanks for the report, though.

By the way, it's not a "secret world" or anything. You've just wrapped to the top of the screen and ended up touching the trigger to enter the room above. You can get there normally.
Asaki

Post by Asaki »

Woah, I didn't know about this until just now.

Is there going to be a ROM release (I have an EDN8), or just the physical carts?
rainwarrior

Post by rainwarrior »

You'll be able to get a ROM too, yeah.