Where are all you homebrewers from?

A place where you can keep others updated about your NES-related projects through screenshots, videos or information in general.

Moderator: Moderators

Drew Sebastino
Formerly Espozo

Re: Where are all you homebrewers from?

Post by Drew Sebastino »

Bregalad wrote:I never used Windows 8, but I heard that of course there is a fallback mode where you can get a normal taskbar and start menu, making it alike Windows 7. I however don't know if you can get the "Windows Classic" (aka Windows 95) UI, even without themes.
Are you talking about this?
Screenshot (204).png
If you are, then you don't know that the start menu is actually just a picture. (Ridiculous, I know.) You can still press the button on your keyboard, but It brings you to this.
Screenshot (203).png
Poor Japanese hostage!
lidnariq

Post by lidnariq »

This is a tangent. If it extends, please split...
To "fix" windows 8, you can
- Install Classic Shell to get a real start menu back
- Deliberately break Aero to get Windows Classic back.
- It's straightforward to switch between Aero and AeroLite, but needlessly complicated.
(Export a theme. Unpack it (it's a zip). Edit the enclosed .theme file and change "Aero.msstyles" to "AeroLite.msstyles" or vice versa. Then load this file you just modified)
- Find a copy of the Windows 7 (and older) control panel "desk.cpl", and copy it over. It'll let you change a bunch of settings that are otherwise only changeable via registry editing. Yay Microsoft.
- Use the high-contrast themes to get something more like the old UI if you're not willing to break DWM (a few programs don't like that)
Kasumi

Post by Kasumi »

I bet $1,000,000,000 that no one here lives even an hour away from me.
If only Texas weren't so damn big. He's the closest I know. Same state, at least.
never-obsolete

Post by never-obsolete »

I live and work in Phoenix, Arizona. The only other person that I can remember living here was this guy.
. That's just like, your opinion, man .
Drew Sebastino
Formerly Espozo

Post by Drew Sebastino »

It's kind of weird seeing people like that who have either been on the website for one year and then quit but still did a bunch of posts, but what is even more strange to me is seeing accounts from 2006, that don't even have a single post... (I really don't get it.) I wonder, are those accounts ever going to be deleted, or are they just going to stay their forever? I think its safe to say no one is going to use them. Also, just for the heck of it, here's a map of Texas, with the top red shape being where I live and the bottom red shape being the person closest to me.
2000px-Map_of_Texas_highlighting_Nacogdoches_County_svg.png