Ngin (my NES game engine)

A place where you can keep others updated about your NES-related projects through screenshots, videos or information in general.

Moderator: Moderators

AMIGrAve

Re: Ngin (my NES game engine)

Post by AMIGrAve » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:15 pm

You project looks very interesting !

Could you tell me under what license do you plan to publish it ? I could not find this information on your github repo.
I understood you do not plan to release it for mainstream usage, but I guess it would be good to clarify under what license your project is available on the repository.

Thanks !

thefox

Post by thefox » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:48 pm

There's currently no license, so it's "all rights reserved", simply because I haven't given it much thought yet.
Download STREEMERZ for NES from fauxgame.com! — Some other stuff I've done: fo.aspekt.fi

Anders_A

Post by Anders_A » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:03 am

Looking good as always thefox :).

I've been playing around a bit with a game idea I have lately, and the ability to prototype in lua and have it run in Nintendulator sounds enticing, the link to NDX on github, and in the NDX thread here is broken though :(.

Do you have a repo for NDX somehwere or any alternative download mirrors?

thefox

Post by thefox » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:18 pm

Anders_A wrote:I've been playing around a bit with a game idea I have lately, and the ability to prototype in lua and have it run in Nintendulator sounds enticing, the link to NDX on github, and in the NDX thread here is broken though :(.

My VPS provider accidentally (...) deleted all content on my server not long ago and I haven't bothered restoring anything. I'll put it back up at some point.
Download STREEMERZ for NES from fauxgame.com! — Some other stuff I've done: fo.aspekt.fi

thefox

Post by thefox » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:45 pm

Anders_A wrote:Looking good as always thefox :).

I've been playing around a bit with a game idea I have lately, and the ability to prototype in lua and have it run in Nintendulator sounds enticing, the link to NDX on github, and in the NDX thread here is broken though :(.

I actually forgot about the prepackaged dependencies (ngin-deps-v01.zip, link in the GitHub page); NDX is included there.

Fair warning about Lua prototyping: I haven't given much attention to exposing Lua scripting to user code yet.