Help me beta test my NES remote play

A place where you can keep others updated about your NES-related projects through screenshots, videos or information in general.

Moderator: Moderators

tokumaru

Re: Help me beta test my NES remote play

Post by tokumaru »

What if you use a Bluetooth keyboard with the Android phone? Or even USB, via an USB OTG adaper?
tepples

Post by tepples »

tokumaru wrote:What if you use a Bluetooth keyboard with the Android phone? Or even USB, via an USB OTG adaper?
Then your bag will be bigger.
Fisher

Post by Fisher »

I think joystick support would be better.
There are some small joysticks that can fit easily inside a pocked.
I can be wrong, but won't this add lots of complexity to the system?
Maybe a better approach would be to use a keyboard emulator and map the keys to the joystick, like the (very) old SNESKey.
I don't know if such programs that works on modern systems exists, do it?
tokumaru

Post by tokumaru »

I mentioned keyboards because I often prototype stuff in JavaScript running on a browser, and I normally use keyboard inputs, so when I needed to stay out overnight because a family member was in the hospital, I just took my smallish Bluetooth keyboard (there are much smaller models out there) with me so I could still work on my prototypes there, and everything worked perfectly.
orlaisadog

Post by orlaisadog »

dougeff wrote:I would estimate less than 1% of people have Raspberry Pis. Considering how few regulars there are here, you may be the only one with a Raspberry Pi. Just a guess.

Maybe you should consider going to a forum for Raspberry Pi users to see if anyone there will test your remote system.
What? I worked out 0.25% of the whole world's population has a Pi. Considering this site's users are interested in technology I expect most of us have one.
lidnariq

Post by lidnariq »

orlaisadog wrote:What? I worked out 0.25% of the whole world's population has a Pi.
No, no, 0.025% of the world's population has 10 Pis each :p

Also, please don't necropost unrelated tangents. Doing so is neither relevant nor part of the natural flow of conversation.
Fisher

Post by Fisher »

I've tested on a 3G (GRPS?) connection, wich is far worse than the last one I've tried.
As expected there was a lot of lag and delays, the video output was also blurry.
It seems a pretty obvious conclusion: beter connection = better experience. :mrgreen: