Micro Knight 3 - game demo & Micro Knight 4 (NESASM)

A place where you can keep others updated about your NES-related projects through screenshots, videos or information in general.

Moderator: Moderators

sdm

Re: Micro Knight 3 - game demo (NESASM)

Post by sdm »

Erockbrox wrote:I downloaded and played the game. I like the concept of solving puzzles and I like the game play. But out of all my attempts I was never able to solve any puzzles or beat any levels. I have included a video of my game play because it will give you (the developer) invaluable feedback.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmO43wBGt5w
Thanks for the video. I also grew up on NES, but in the first place was the Atari 2600 as my first console. I did not expect my game to be so difficult. However, the idea of the game will be in the final game. Will be hard, and you will have to think a lot (Some people finished easily, some did not catch what and how to do).
But I must say that there are people who have completed the first two chambers together with the secrets.

Quick walkthrough:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBRSUWdpcYM

At the end of the film shown entrance to the second secret chamber, was added separately because I overdone her placement - it is too difficult to jump (it will be changed)
Last edited by sdm on Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
Erockbrox

Post by Erockbrox »

Wow, yes those puzzles can be solved, but currently for me its very hard to have the intuition to solve them. You might want to make some tutorial levels first before doing some difficult ones such as the ones in this demo.

One thing that I do not understand is the random teleport ability which seems to happen out of nowhere.
sdm

Post by sdm »

random teleport ability? Can you describe more precisely? Strange, ROM tests on the console (not everdrive, but true 100% unrom buard) and even on the real console I never noticed that something like this came up (Or ... on the NTSC console so it happens, at my PAL is ok).
Last edited by sdm on Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Erockbrox

Post by Erockbrox »

In your video that you posted at the 10 second mark the player is teleported out of nowhere to another level.
sdm

Post by sdm »

These are secret entrances and levels.

edit: update download

V1.0 vs 0.99 - Some levels have been designed to be easier. Full Game.
Attachments
micro_knight_4_v1.05.nes
(128.02 KiB) Downloaded 209 times