Lake Fever

A place where you can keep others updated about your NES-related projects through screenshots, videos or information in general.

Moderator: Moderators

sdm

Lake Fever

Post by sdm »

:mrgreen:

I started doing for fun, but perhaps even come out of it nice game :)

Last edited by sdm on Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:50 am, edited 14 times in total.
Prime

Re: ATARI 2600 style game

Post by Prime »

I'll give this a play later today thanks for sharing.
LocalH

Re: Lake Fever - ATARI 2600 style game

Post by LocalH »

For more accuracy to a 2600, I suggest modifying the sprites to have only one color per scanline. 2600 sprites were single-color, but games often changed that color during the sprite's display.
tokumaru

Post by tokumaru »

LocalH wrote:I suggest modifying the sprites to have only one color per scanline.
And backgrounds should only have 2 colors per scanline. Some lines in the screenshot have 3 (light blue, dark blue and black, for example), which would be kinda hard (although not impossible) to pull off on the 2600.
sdm

Post by sdm »

I know the hardware limitations of the Atari 2600. In this game it comes with a somewhat similar style, but not completely identical ;) Anyway, at the present moment is all (graphics) can still change.

The scoring system similar to the old, first Pitfall game. The difference is that the score in the game decreases continuously, the sooner we finish the game, the more points you get.
Attachments
lake_fever.nes
short, six-level version
(40.02 KiB) Downloaded 289 times