New game: Yun (free download)

A place where you can keep others updated about your NES-related projects through screenshots, videos or information in general.

Moderator: Moderators

na_th_an

New game: Yun (free download)

Post by na_th_an »

Hello, we have just published a new NES game, Yun.

We are busy working in a couple of "serious" NES projects, but I personally felt like gathering a bunch of unused and discarded assets and leftovers and see what I could do with it. Never throw anything! Also, this was some kind of "let's see how many things I can squeeze in an NROM!".

So this little game was born.

Every Autumn, in the boggy marsh near of the shores of Lake Potoña (Province of Badajoz), one could witness the hatch of the eggs of the rare Romani Heron. Some of the most famous ornithologists have described the scene as one of the most beautiful experieces they had experimented on a friday evening.

Very rarely, for some strange reason, one of the eggs produces a red demon with a big hairdo instead of the expected gray and wrinked baby bird. This is how Yun came to life. It was already late, almost dusk, so she couldn’t see very well. As demons are usually born incredibly hungry, she began eating what she found – and one of such things was a toothpaste tube somebody had left among the bushes. Such an accident, nevertheless, proved being really useful, as Yun gained the ability to produce bubbles from her mouth, and she soon learned how to capture all kinds of animals in them. Just a few months on, she founded her very own Japanese food reastaurant by the marsh.

With her incredible ability, she could trap even the rarest specimen of fish and made the finest sushi in Badajoz. Everything was going great, until one night where, while hunting in the dark waters, she was about to trap a big and shiny orange fugu fish as it appeared from behind a bunch of seaweeds. The fish looked her in the eye and it was love at the first sight. Sadly, the fugu knew about Yun’s activities and got the chills so it escaped.

Yun, make up for all the damage done, decided to change the nature of her business: instead of serving raw fish to the customers, he’d server raw customers to the fish.

Grab it at the bottom of the game card in our site. Text is in Spanish and English. Just scroll down a bit. Please read the manual :)

Thanks for playing!
Diskover

Re: New game: Yun (free download)

Post by Diskover »

Muy impresionante na_th_an

A ver si un día de estos consigo alcanzaros.

Por curiosidad... usando un NROM ¿cuantas pantallas habeís sido capaces de meter en el juego?

Very impressive na_th_an

See if one of these days reach you with it .

Out of curiosity ... using a NROM how many screens you were able to get into the game?
na_th_an

Post by na_th_an »

This game doesn't use any form of compression for the screens, so it's just 24x3 = 72 different screens. There's a nice easter egg which will make the game twice as long. I wonder if somebody will find it. It's fairly easy to uncover...
Diskover

Post by Diskover »

na_th_an wrote:This game doesn't use any form of compression for the screens, so it's just 24x3 = 72 different screens. There's a nice easter egg which will make the game twice as long. I wonder if somebody will find it. It's fairly easy to uncover...
I have already discovered the egg and want me to say. . . almost amuses me more than the original game. :mrgreen:
nesrocks

Post by nesrocks »

I have just finished it, very good! I haven't found the game extending easter egg though.

Select the following text to read "spoiler?" :
I have no idea what the kanji blocks are for. Maybe it would help if I knew what those kanji meant. edit: Ok I figured its meaning but it doesn't do anything hehe
https://twitter.com/bitinkstudios <- Follow me on twitter! Thanks!
https://www.patreon.com/bitinkstudios <- Support me on Patreon!
na_th_an

Post by na_th_an »

Spoiler:try pressing something else along with START in the title screen :D Thanks for playing.
Bavi_H

Post by Bavi_H »

nesrocks wrote:Select the following text to read "spoiler?" :
na_th_an wrote:Spoiler:
FYI: Using a dark font color to hide text doesn't work for other users using the light background theme. To hide text for both themes (dark background and light background), you can use tt to set the background to blue #3355AA, then use the same color blue for the text: This is a test.