Since I modded my AV Famicom with etim's NESRGB board and I didn't want to install a switch I decided to go for a switchless version made by borti4938
on a German forum.
They're fully assembled and soldered to work with AV Famicom but can be modified to work with a NES as well.
To do that, simply change the location of the 10k Ohm SMD resistor from low to high depending on the console you're using. This is needed for the reset type (active low or active high reset type).Installation:
- Solder the pin headers with the same name (1,2,3,GND) on the NESRGB palette pads (1,2,3,GND).
- Cut track from the reset button and connect the reset button to Rst. In found on the NESRGB IGR board.
- Rst. Out goes to the reset output coming from your NESRGB IGR board (the line above your cut).
- Connect Clock, Latch, Data to controller port 1 (as seen in the picture)
- Additionally you can also add a R/G LED (3mm or 5mm, whichever you prefer) with common cathode.
- Everything else can be connected as labeled in the picture below (credits to its respective owner).Usage:
Pressing start: Start+Select+A+B pressed for <2s = short reset
Pressing start: Start+Select+A+B pressed for >2s = long reset (Goes to Menu of ED or PowerPak, if used)
Pressing start: Start+Select+Right = Cycle forwards through palettes
Pressing start: Start+Select+Left = Cycle backwards through palettes
Since I have 9 PCBs left and no use for them, I'd offer them to you for 3€ per board.
Shipping costs are 3,70€ without tracking and 6,50€ with tracking + insurance.
If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.