1st Person RPG/Adventure Game

A place where you can keep others updated about your NES-related projects through screenshots, videos or information in general.

Moderator: Moderators

Punch

Re: 1st Person RPG/Adventure Game

Post by Punch »

calima wrote:Bitpacking works, but it's slow enough on the NES to be an issue if you need several lookups per frame. My compo game does use it, since there was no other way to fit a map of that size otherwise, but did it require optimization and inlining.
Yeah on second thought it might not be fast enough for what I want to do.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Epyx

Post by Epyx »

If this is something you would like to publish in the future and get paid for then Epyx would be very interested in doing that!

This would be a great fit for our DunjonQuest/Temple of Apshai series!

Maybe call it something like Tombs of Apshai . . . .
Punch

Post by Punch »

The editor is mostly functional, however I stopped development for a little bit... I'm trying to see if it's feasible to do multiplatform development for this project, since I thought I'd do a PC Engine CD version, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhnhTN9KM6c

I'm currently adapting the code from my previous competition game (Brick Breaker) to be able to compile it with both NESASM3 and PCEAS, and I got to say that it's going kind of smoothly since the PCE was built with ease of development for Famicom devs in mind. It looks very unfinished now but that's because there are some bugs on the specific PCE code, I converted the graphics as-is and threw an ugly yellow palette at everything, and I dummied out my RLE decompression and sprite functions for now. Aside from that, it's working pretty well!
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
samophlange

Post by samophlange »

I was just thinking about dungeon crawlers like Bard's Tale, it's cool to see people working on things like that! Looking forward to seeing your progress!