Tailgate Party Released

A place where you can keep others updated about your NES-related projects through screenshots, videos or information in general.

Moderator: Moderators

Orab Games

Tailgate Party Released

Post by Orab Games »

Hi Everyone! I'm sure many here already know me and I have scoured the forums and wiki for the last 3 years, but I am now officially a member and making a big announcement. On June 1st, my first game was released, Tailgate Party, and it is now for sale. Many members of nesdev.com helped contribute to the development, so a big shout out to all of you! Without further ado, here is Tailgate Party and how to purchase it.

Development Thread with story about the development of Tailgate Party: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

About Tailgate Party
Tailgate Party is a party game designed to make use of the Power Pad by bringing cornhole to the NES. My goal was to take this unpopular peripheral and give it a good use that everyone would enjoy! What better way than tossing projectiles at a 30 year old controller! Tailgate Party features a Single-Player Story Mode as well as a Multiplayer Mode. In addition, players can choose from 11 playable characters, 7 game modes, and a full soundtrack written by NA forum member, Zi. Not only that, it includes achievements that you must decipher to unlock! In Story Mode, guide Andy and Ellie through the Shuckers parking lot as they learn about the evil that has taken over the gameday experience. You will be faced with 9 different opponents and 2 difficulty settings as you master your cornholing craft. As you defeat each opponent, they will be unlocked in Vs Mode.

Here are a couple of videos showing some of the mechanics and features of the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8SLjIqm0qU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE2tIcC1TGc

All editions are made using GT-ROM boards developed by Memblers Industries. Each board contains flash memory, allowing you to save your progress in the game. You will also be able to reset the cartridge back to factory default at any time.

All printed materials are provided through NA member rizz. Everything is professional looking and very high quality!

HOW TO PURCHASE
US AND CANADA ONLY. I apologize for any inconvenience.
PayPal is the preferred method of payment. Please use Goods and Services.
7% sales tax applies to all purchases from Nebraska.

REGULAR EDITIONS
Complete: $50+Shipping
Cart + Manual: $40+Shipping

Shipping will be USPS Small Flat Rate unless otherwise specified by the buyer. You can either PM me or comment below, please include if you want CIB or CI.

You can also get it on Etsy - www.orabgames.com

What's Included With The Regular Editions:
1. Complete: Cart, Manual, Box, Dust Sleeve, Styrofoam Block, Orab Games Business Card
2. Cart + Manual: Cart, Manual, Dust Sleeve, Orab Games Business Card

These carts will be smoked translucent in color.

Limited Editions SOLD OUT
http://nintendoage.com/forum/messagevie ... did=174326
Last edited by Orab Games on Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Erockbrox

Re: Tailgate Party Released

Post by Erockbrox »

The idea to play corn hole using the NES foot pad is brilliant. Your next game should be using the NES foot pad to play a NES game similar to Dance Dance Revolution.
calima

Post by calima »

Aren't there already more than 4 of those dance mat NES games?
tepples

Post by tepples »

Erockbrox wrote:Your next game should be using the NES foot pad to play a NES game similar to Dance Dance Revolution.
I've planned something like that. I even know what the main characters' names are supposed to be (Steph and Dieter). But after reading the news about the claim construction hearing in Konami v. Roxor, it's on hold until sometime in 2019 when patents essential to DDR will have expired.
lidnariq

Post by lidnariq »

calima wrote:Aren't there already more than 4 of those dance mat NES games?
All of the commercial licensed games aren't rhythm games, but instead speed challenges. All of the homebrew (that I know of) is more like guitar hero (i.e. use the joypad) than DDR.
tepples

Post by tepples »

lidnariq wrote:
calima wrote:Aren't there already more than 4 of those dance mat NES games?
All of the commercial licensed games aren't rhythm games
The only Power Pad game I have on cartridge is Dance Aerobics, and unless I was on a controlled substance when playing it, that's a rhythm game.
Orab Games

Post by Orab Games »

Erockbrox wrote:The idea to play corn hole using the NES foot pad is brilliant. Your next game should be using the NES foot pad to play a NES game similar to Dance Dance Revolution.
Thanks! I won't be making any DDR-style games. Not my cup of tea.
Storminator16

Post by Storminator16 »

Just started buying/collecting homebrew, so I need to get a mat. Nice!
Orab Games

Post by Orab Games »

Storminator16 wrote:Just started buying/collecting homebrew, so I need to get a mat. Nice!
That's the easy part. ;)

Let me know if you want to buy or just get it from my Etsy Shop. Thanks!
Orab Games

Post by Orab Games »

Happy 4th of July Sale!

SAVE 10% on Tailgate Party Regular Editions when you use the promo code FIREWORKS (all caps) at my Etsy store! The sale is only for the 4th of July, so don't miss out on this fantastic deal! Have a safe and happy 4th of July!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/OrabGam...

*Promotion only applies to the Regular Editions. Expires at Midnight!
Orab Games

Post by Orab Games »

For those of you with NintendoAge accounts, I'm auctioning off the rest of my Limited Editions. Good time to jump on this if you were thinking of getting a copy of the game.

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messagevie ... did=176069
Orab Games

Post by Orab Games »

Last day of the LE Auction. Price is still pretty respectable if you want to try your luck!
Orab Games

Post by Orab Games »

Back in stock.