My first nes game! (DemonDistrict)

A place where you can keep others updated about your NES-related projects through screenshots, videos or information in general.

Moderator: Moderators

klonoa

Re: My first nes game! (DemonDistrict)

Post by klonoa » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:16 am

NeverCameBack wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:18 pm
Amazing game! The music is awesome.. I hope my first game is even 10% as good as this - myself am just getting through half the NerdyNights tutorials. What exactly are you in school for that this would be your project?
I'm studying game engineering and did this project as my minor.
The programming teachers loved it!
The 3D art teacher I had as my minor coach was less thrilled Hehe :roll:

Goose2k

Re: My first nes game! (DemonDistrict)

Post by Goose2k » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:51 pm

Excellent work! Reminded me of Sweet Home for the Famicom. I love how unique it feels compared to other games on the system. I would happily shell out for a full game on cartridge if you ever get to it!

As others have said, I think some of the "hit boxes" for triggering interactions were a little tricky to get (closet door in the first room, and a few others). And I tried multiple times before I actually got into the gas station. Not sure if I was just doing something stupid, or what.

The player character glitches out for me on the screen with the demon statue. I assumed this was intentional, but with homebrew, I wasn't sure. :D
bug.png
Also how is that a bike!? haha :P

You should mention in your first post that the game is only 5-10 mins long. I bet a lot of people stop thinking this is going to be a long game, not realizing they could see the whole thing in single sitting.