It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:18 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:57 pm 

It's already out??
Uhh,i can find download link..Can some one give me,please? :)
EDIT:
Oh...I'm silly-i had to click Pharma banner.. :D
EDIT2:
Oh,i like it,it's strange,i never liked games like this...
Can't wait till tomorrow to play it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:51 pm 

I will warn you: the CPU opponent isn't perfect, but it's definitely not a pushover. If a stage of story mode turns out to be too hard to clear, I can increase the AI's noise level on that stage to make it easier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:07 pm 

Really slick. I'm enjoying practicing, knowing that my memory is improving as I play.

Main thing that annoys me is the cursor moving down after I flip a second card. I realize this is to get out of the way so I can see them, but it's bothersome to my subconscious positioning. I'll be going through flipping cards at the beginning, and have to keep moving the cursor up to compensate. Can the cursor's top just move to the lower-right corner of the cell during that time? More internal state, I realize.

I do find it fun that I can move the cursor while the opponent isn't, and he'll just move it back where he wants it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:12 am 

Very Nice! Thanks for making the source available, too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:46 pm 

Bad news: My laptop died; the screen just goes white, and I can smell smoke coming from the left side. And apparently it took the file system on its SSD with it.

I lost 9 sessions of work, but I know almost exactly what I did, and now I know how to build it on Windows too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:56 pm 

Crap, it seems the Eee PC isn't that good huh?

When I work on my laptop I always backup (online or to a flash drive) each session's work, because I know I'll have a hard time getting the data back in case anything bad happens (even if the HD doesn't fry, as I have no idea how remove and read laptop HDs).

Anyway, good luck recovering from this shitty event.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:54 am 

That's not really a common occurrence with EEEs, I've had one since they first came out and I really like mine. That's terrible that yours broke.

I do all my NES dev straight off a flash drive and back it up at least once a month.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:58 am 

I too back up to a flash drive and to the Internet. That's why this project just has a setback (revert to 0.01) and not a cancellation. I just haven't been religious enough about it to automate it to the point where I can plug in a drive, push a button, play some NES, and come back to "backup complete". That's my next project.

One thing I learned: Don't run distributed computing projects like World Community Grid's Nutritious Rice for the World on a netbook, even while you have it plugged in. It will wear out the fan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:52 pm 

Concentration Room 0.02 is out

I have a Dell Mini 10 now, running Ubuntu 10.04. On my Windows box, I back up to flash drive, and I switch with an identical drive held offsite every 2 weeks.

Post subject: I can has Ravensburger?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:38 am 

Now we know why I didn't call it Memory.

But at least some people thought the old Nazi-esque premise was funny.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:14 pm 

tepples wrote:
But at least some people thought the old Nazi-esque premise was funny.

ColumBind: the controversial Columns clone! Place Columns and Bind 3 or more tiles of the same color to score points! Be careful not to overshoot your target!

Faggots: the unfortunately named pick-up-the-sticks game! You can only pick up a stick of there aren't sticks already sitting on top of it. Hurry! You have to make that bundle before the sun goes down!

World Trade Center: a unique Tetris clone with a stock market twist! Gain the most money by putting stock in whatever colored tile you think you can clear the most!

Yes, I'm sure everyone finds this absolutely hilarious.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:38 pm 

Someone thinks this game is fan-TAS-tic.

Video: Concentration Room - S3E8 - Full Playthrough on GameAnyone.com

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:36 am 

What? No ennndinnng?

Also, I like how most of his commentary is "Oh my god they added more pictures how could this be". :P

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:57 pm 

tepples wrote:
I liked Helicopter when it was called Balloon Trip.

And now people seem think it's called Flappy Bird, or perhaps Flappy $noun. I wonder whether to propose Rule Thirty-Flap: If it exists, there's a flappy game of it.

In this post, Kasumi wrote:
Tepples sometimes chooses controversial names for his games. The previous name of concentration room was concentration camp.

Google-owned video game studio apologizes for failing to filter internment camps out of user-submitted historical places in alternate reality game Ingress

On the other hand, a variant of 3-on-3 Beirut beer pong. To put it as nicely as I can:

• 2 teams of 3. The near team prefers triangle and hexagon motifs for its 30 cups; the far team prefers square spirals.
  • On the first turn, each far team player shoots until the first miss.
  • Once a game, the far team can put a player on the near team in the penalty box until the other two players on the near team have scored.
  • Once a game, before shooting, the near team can hide one of its cups elsewhere in the room so long as it's makeable.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:42 pm 

Memblers, JoeGtake2, and I had a conversation on camera at a video game store on Saturday as part of shooting a documentary called The New 8-Bit Heroes or something like that. Memblers remarked that Concentration Room is his 3-year-old's favorite video game.

Today I read a story on Cracked.com about grieving for a loved one with a traumatic brain injury, and a memory game used as therapy. Except I was jolted out of it when suddenly "Is that a screenshot of the Elementary level?"

The current bane of Dennis Hong's dad's existence

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next