Battle Kid on a touch screen? Oh no...
Bluetooth controls are also available, and that's my preferred way to play. I've surprised myself with how proficient I've become with the touch controls in portrait mode, though.
- Still slight stuttering on the audio from time to time.
- Nearest-point filtering in the landscape mode looks kind of crappy, especially in text parts. Maybe it's a lesser of two evils when compared to bilinear filtering, though...
- The buttons in landscape mode obscure the game play, I prefer Mega Man 2 Lite's way of having the buttons on the sides.
- You're right. For the next version I'm making my audio buffer a tick longer to smooth over that. I'm mindful of audio latency, though. It would be nice if I could sync to sound as I do on the desktop but I don't have an efficient way to do that yet.
- I'm going to look into tepples' suggestion here.
- I did this so I could have the same scaling in place for landscape mode with and without external controls enabled. It doesn't work so well for games like Battle Kid where you enter from one side of the screen and exit through another in nearly every room. For the next version I think I'll scale the video less in landscape when using touch controls to keep it out of the video area.
Thank you for the honest feedback. It really helps me to prioritize changes for the next version.