Assimilate -- Full ROM now available.

A place where you can keep others updated about your NES-related projects through screenshots, videos or information in general.

Moderator: Moderators

MottZilla

Post by MottZilla » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:21 pm

Congrats on your achievement! You should be proud.

bigjt_2

Post by bigjt_2 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:30 am

Thanks Mottzilla! To be honest, though, the game wouldn't even exist if it weren't for this website and people like yourself who take time to figure out the technical aspects of the NES and share that info with others. So thanks to all of you for that. Here's hoping I can finally pass along some more of what I've learned from making the game to others from now on.

bigjt_2

Post by bigjt_2 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:28 pm

Just letting anyone who's interested in pre-ordering that the start time this Thursday has been moved up to 6:30pm EST.

MottZilla

Post by MottZilla » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:14 pm

Have you documented or otherwise recorded your experience in developing the game? You could certainly do something like that to inspire and inform others interested in developing NES games. Just anything about putting the game together from handling backgrounds and sprites to sound and music or input.

bigjt_2

Post by bigjt_2 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:07 pm

In fact I have! I've been keeping a set of development notes. <Opening it now> 44 pages long currently! Obviously I haven't made an entry into it for a couple months as the dev phase has mostly been done since late Nov/early Dec. I'd also have to re-work it quite a bit as it's more of a "stream of consciousness" journal than any technical report. I worry a lot of it would literally be incoherent to anyone else who read it. So I'd need to polish it up a bit before posting it, first.

cpow
NESICIDE developer

Post by cpow » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:42 pm

bigjt_2 wrote:In fact I have! I've been keeping a set of development notes. <Opening it now> 44 pages long currently! Obviously I haven't made an entry into it for a couple months as the dev phase has mostly been done since late Nov/early Dec. I'd also have to re-work it quite a bit as it's more of a "stream of consciousness" journal than any technical report. I worry a lot of it would literally be incoherent to anyone else who read it. So I'd need to polish it up a bit before posting it, first.
Yes but look how we pore over the incoherent notes from games made decades ago. :D Great job, man!

bigjt_2

Post by bigjt_2 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:51 pm

Public demo partial ROM is now available. http://nessylum.wordpress.com/downloadplay-demo/

Gilbert

Post by Gilbert » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:29 pm

I like the mandatory Engrish test! :lol:

I suck at playing, and I couldn't even get past the first stage. :(

I think the explosion takes too long though.

bigjt_2

Post by bigjt_2 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:50 pm

Gilbert wrote: I suck at playing, and I couldn't even get past the first stage. :(
I'm a dingbat. This is probably my fault as I forgot to post something telling everyone how to play. I updated the download page with full instructions.

http://nessylum.wordpress.com/downloadplay-demo/

bigjt_2

Re: Assimilate -- Full ROM now available.

Post by bigjt_2 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:04 pm

Just bumping to let folks know the full download version of the Assimilate ROM is now being hosted on my site. The download link is on the exact same page as where the partial ROM used to be. Click here.

thefox

Re: Assimilate -- Full ROM now available.

Post by thefox » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:10 pm

Nice, thanks for the generosity.
Download STREEMERZ for NES from fauxgame.com! — Some other stuff I've done: fo.aspekt.fi