I Want To Do Music For An NES Game

A place where you can keep others updated about your NES-related projects through screenshots, videos or information in general.

Moderator: Moderators

Doommaster1994

I Want To Do Music For An NES Game

Post by Doommaster1994 »

Hello,
I am looking to do music for a few NES games. Please leave a reply if you're interested. I can compose music of pretty much any genre. I am not expecting to get paid (so my work is free). I have a website where you can listen to three samples of my work if you're interested.
Thanks!
Last edited by Doommaster1994 on Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tepples

Post by tepples »

I'm interested.

The "www" below your post links to what appears to be your YouTube channel, and it wasn't immediately obvious which videos in that channel were of your music.
Doommaster1994

Post by Doommaster1994 »

No, that is my account for videos. I have a different site for my music.
cartlemmy

Post by cartlemmy »

Doommaster1994 wrote:No, that is my account for videos. I have a different site for my music.
And that would be...?
Doommaster1994

Post by Doommaster1994 »

Well, the website uses my real name and I don't really want to give it to someone unless they're considering letting me do music for their game.
Dwedit

Post by Dwedit »

Then go throw up a ZIP file containing some NSF files on a site like Mediafire, on the Famitracker message board, or even (gasp) Wakachan (Demoscene/Tracked).
Here come the fortune cookies! Here come the fortune cookies! They're wearing paper hats!
cartlemmy

Post by cartlemmy »

Doommaster1994 wrote:Well, the website uses my real name and I don't really want to give it to someone unless they're considering letting me do music for their game.
Ah well, thats a shame. :/
qbradq

Post by qbradq »

I am not yet to the point with my game project were I need music, but I will definitely need a composer. Stick around for a while :D
Kasumi

Post by Kasumi »

We can find your real name by googling your user name (Doommaster1994), and looking for results that state that you live in the same location as your profile here says you live. (Washington). It's true the results I found could be someone else, but you've stated enough here to make me know at least some of them are you.

If you want to hide that sort of information online, it's best not to post it at all. Barring that, it's wise to use different usernames for everything online. Or remove what you've already posted from the web altogether, because as it stands it's NOT hard to find at all. If that's your concern, you haven't taken very many precautions against it.

People will be much more likely to take advantage of your offer if they know what sort of music you can do, so if I were you I would just remove my real name from the website and post here.

edit: Found the music. I won't be mean and post it since you don't want it posted, but please do think about keeping the information you don't want someone to find offline. Most of the music would probably work with an RPG. My favorite is the song with profanity in its title. (Which would probably not work for an RPG.) I am not interested at the moment as I totally lack a music engine in my game.
cartlemmy

Post by cartlemmy »

Kasumi wrote:edit: Found the music.
That's weird, I didn't; though I did find his real name. But I didn't look too hard.

BTW, I am Josh 'CartLemmy' Merritt.
Super-Hampster

Post by Super-Hampster »

Doommaster1994 wrote:Well, the website uses my real name and I don't really want to give it to someone unless they're considering letting me do music for their game.

Your name is Nick Kalata.
Took me all of 5 minutes to find. If I can do it anyone can do it.
cartlemmy

Post by cartlemmy »

Just to be clear... I respect your desire for anonymity, and I don't think anyone means to be mean. We are just pointing out how easy it is too Google your way into this sort of information.

Oh, and I like your music, BTW.
Super-Hampster

Post by Super-Hampster »

Me too. If it weren't for the fact that this site:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/nick-kalata/14/929/376

was easily found via google i wouldn't have posted your name.
koitsu

Post by koitsu »

I am Sparticus!
Doommaster1994

Post by Doommaster1994 »

OK. I don't mind if they know my name but just not where I live exactly.