It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:46 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:33 pm 
Formerly WhatULive4

Bregalad wrote:
Quote:
This is how I intended for players to get past this part, actually. You need to stop rolling by pressing left and then jump at just the right moment so you touch the bunny without destroying it. The way Rushjet1 is doing it in the video looks easier, but I haven't tried that, yet.

OK I tried that a lot of times it does just not work. Even if I'm able to touch the bunny wihtout killing it the second invinciblity time doesn't even come close to last long enough to cross the second set of spikes, as your main character falls back to the lower set of spikes and I have to jump twice then cross them.

I even tried remain at the bunny's place to get hit a 3rd time (even if this would kill any chances for me to pass the 3rd set of spikes), but even that didn't work as I always run out of times before jumping off the 2nd set of spikes.

I think it is just a matter of mastering the controls and repetition. I got it on my first try yesterday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:42 am 

The way I did it, I hit the first enemy so that the knockback would push me toward the correct direction. Both times though I had a really short amount of time to jump out of the spikes-- probably a couple flashes later and I'd have been hittable again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:30 pm 

Just played through the demo on my Powerpak, beating the challenge area after lots of frustration :)

I'll have to repeat what others have already said... WOW! The best homebrew so far! Lots of unique features and enjoyable design. I really look forward to buying the final game. :D

A few points of hopefully constructive criticism from my side:
- I found it pretty annoying how hard it was to jump of a vine since you can't hold UP on the cursor while doing so. This should be fairly easy to fix by only letting the player grab a vine mid-air if up was (re-)pushed *after* jumping.

- As Koitsu mentioned, the controls are somewhat frustrating at times. I understand you don't want to slow down the fluidity of the player, but how about making the acceleration from standing still just slightly slower? Right now I find it incredibly hard to move without falling down when standing on a single block.

- Like others have mentioned, the game could use some more color and variation in the graphics :)

- And last of all a minor point... I was really hoping to explore more of the game after aquiring the secret item, so I was kind of disappointed when I realized that beating the game the second tie with it seems to lock up the game eternally :/

Other than that, congrats again for such a polished game!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:00 pm 

miau wrote:
More secrets? Apart from the giant bat and the level 3 spirit... Try to collect coins!

Where can that giant bat be found? I've played through the demo a couple of time now, but haven't noticed any bat of abnormal size.

Brilliant game, btw.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:44 pm 

Which sound engine are you using? You could try multiplying tempo by 1.2 to fix music speed on PAL. (Multiplying by 308/256 is just some right shifts and adds)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:49 pm 
Formerly WhatULive4

Dwedit wrote:
Which sound engine are you using? You could try multiplying tempo by 1.2 to fix music speed on PAL. (Multiplying by 308/256 is just some right shifts and adds)
I thought it did fix music speed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:04 pm 

Music pitch is corrected, tempo is not. It plays 5/6ths as fast in PAL mode.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:25 am 

Bananmos: Thanks :)
A lot of people have mentioned these issues which is good as it tells where my priorities should be right now.

dr_sloppy wrote:
Where can that giant bat be found? I've played through the demo a couple of time now, but haven't noticed any bat of abnormal size.

The door in the bottom left corner in the last area of level 1 can actually be reached using the Bowling Ball and bats.

Dwedit wrote:

I'm using a custom sound engine. All songs were composed at 150bpm in FamiTracker, but in theory, the engine does support different tempos. Me and the composer were worried about how they mess with note durations and instruments, but that won't hurt as much as a slower speed, I guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:34 pm 

Yes, I plyed.I enjoyed it.
Yep, I think it is very good homebrew.
1 question-That Big bat...it just talk, nothing more?
The 4 screen scrolling is very nice in NTSC, but in PAL there are some artifacts...will this be fixed in future?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:06 am 

Yup, the bat just talks.

Not sure if I can fix the artifacts. They are kind of annoying in PAL, I agree, but compared to Ufouria, which uses the same mirroring setup for multi-directional scrolling, they are very tame.

Moving the artifacts to the top of the screen when scrolling down and vice versa may be a better idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:13 am 
Formerly 65024U

miau wrote:
Yup, the bat just talks.

Not sure if I can fix the artifacts. They are kind of annoying in PAL, I agree, but compared to Ufouria, which uses the same mirroring setup for multi-directional scrolling, they are very tame.

Moving the artifacts to the top of the screen when scrolling down and vice versa may be a better idea.

Add the 2KB RAM? :roll: Naw, I don't really care much about artifacts. Fun game!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:49 pm 

Thought I'd put a note here too. The game looks absolutely fantastic. Play control is great too. I love the feeling of "impact" everything has. And that the screen vibrates. Also, the 4 way scrolling looks flawless, that's awesome. I get the feeling Kirby's Adventure is an inspiration to you. I loved the cute tiny little yellow bird helper guy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:26 am 

I love, this game. It's amazing. It has serious quality to it, I really love the concept and trickery to the gameplay. The movement is very smooth and the graphics are amazing, the animation is smooth.

I really enjoyed the demo, and I root for you on your way to developing this game into a full one. Keep up the good work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:29 pm 

This project looks like it is a great platformer,

The demo is great, too.

Also like the Cave Story-esqe gameplay and feel!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:29 pm 

It's been a while - how is the game progressing? :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next