Beta testers wanted!

A place where you can keep others updated about your NES-related projects through screenshots, videos or information in general.

Moderator: Moderators

jayminer

Beta testers wanted!

Post by jayminer »

Me and a friends single-screen platformer is almost complete, so now we're looking for a few beta testers to help us out with the final testing. If you're interested and want to help out, please send me a PM and I'll get back to you in a day or so (I'm off to bed after posting this, it's way to late already).

What we want help with:
- Testing the game on NTSC hardware. Since we live in PAL country, we don't have any NTSC system to try the game on and have been forced to rely on emulators for NTSC testing, so some run-througs on a real system to make sure everything works would be really helpful.
- Balancing the game. This would need you to play through the game a few times and rate how easy/hard you think the levels are. (Disclaimer: The game is not very long)
- Looking for bugs.

Thanks!
juef

Post by juef »

I'd love to help but I'm out of time for the next 2 weeks. If you haven't found anyone by then, I'll gladly help.
Kreese

Post by Kreese »

I would really like to help you guys out! This sounds exciting. :)

I have a NTSC system + PowerPak. (And PAL too)
Zepper
Formerly Fx3

Post by Zepper »

From your short description, I suppose you're using a NROM board...?
(mapper 0)
l_oliveira

Post by l_oliveira »

I can test on NES and Famicom (I use retail Nintendo boards converted to DEV). And I have hability with soldering so I can make any kind of mapper needed for testing.

Also, I have a knack for making things crash (I like to fiddle with them) perhaps that helps with finding bugs ... :roll:
Bregalad

Post by Bregalad »

I also live in a PAL country but I did the investissement of importing a USA top-loader. Not only it's good for NTSC testing, but it's also good for playing most PAL games (since most of them weren't adapted to PAL timing well) and it's design is ridiculously better than the frontloader.
Useless, lumbering half-wits don't scare us.
jayminer

Post by jayminer »

Stupid of me not to mention which mapper it runs, I figured most people who would be interested in testing would be running it on a PowerPak so the thought never occured to me to write that information.

The game is MMC1 (128kB PRG ROM) and uses CHR-RAM.

I think I have enough Beta testers now, thanks to everyone who has shown interest. The final version will hopefully be released very soon.
infiniteneslives

Post by infiniteneslives »

It is just me or is level 6 next to impossible. I spent over 10mins and dozens of lives trying to make that single jump in the center of the screen. Don't mean to be a debbie downer, but unless someone can tell me why I'm an idiot and how I'm doing something wrong, I'm losing motivation to try again...
jayminer

Post by jayminer »

@infiniteneslives
Hold B to move faster!
infiniteneslives

Post by infiniteneslives »

jayminer wrote:@infiniteneslives
Hold B to move faster!

Ahhhh Thanks! Not sure why I didn't think about that. I was going to comment that his ability to jump was pretty lame, but I guess that'll take care of that issue too :)
3gengames
Formerly 65024U

Post by 3gengames »

Sounds like it's a project close to being done! Any chance of a demo video soon? :D
SkinnyV

Post by SkinnyV »

I'm up for some game testing! I'm located in Canada and my NES is NTSC.