It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:33 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:44 pm 

- I find it very offensive because my grandfather died in a concentration camp 1944!
- Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to...
- Yeah, he fell down from a watch tower!
*canned laughter*

As for the game, the animations look smooth!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:22 am 

Memblers wrote:
I think the discrepancy in the logos is weird. One with real associations, one fake. If anything I think it would somehow be more offensive (and therefore funnier) with a blue and white swastika versus a red and black star.

Right now it looks like it's supposed to be a holocaust reference that is censored for release by someone who literally only "gives half a crap", haha. :)

You've got a point, Memblers. If I'm going with expies, I should do so consistently. For the next video, I've changed player 1's emblem to a hybrid of the Hebrew word חי chai meaning life and the Chinese word meaning breath or spirit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:00 am 
Formerly Fx3

- Well, I'm sorry for drifting the discussion into the game "skin" subject. It's not crystal clear to me, but it seems "concentration camp" is nothing more than "a mind game, flipping pair of cards". Plus, I have no clue if this relies in cultural meanings (south x north), but I would change the game "skin" to something else.

- Am I the only one to get "concentration camp" as "not a mind game"???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:23 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:35 am 

I have no idea who that character from South Park is.

Playing Concentration with labor camp guards is like playing Chess with the Grim Reaper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:35 pm 

tepples wrote:
I have no idea who that character from South Park is.

He's an extreme stereotype of a Jewish boy. He comes to South Park and Kyle (a Jewish friend of Cartman's) makes Cartman promise that he won't make any jokes about him. However, Cartman is unable to resist himself when the teacher points out that the new boy has trouble concentrating. Let's just say Cartman gives him a recommendation of a camp he can go to.

Here's the episode, if you care: http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/103926

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:12 pm 

Dwedit wrote:
The name is highly offensive.

as is the story.

This is one area where you don't possess the comedic power to overcome the weight of the subject. If you expect to pull off something like this, it better be sofa king hilarious people die if they hear it, starting with you, or at least funnier than that skit. This seems like a poor excuse to revisit the holocaust, it's not even saying anything positive or new, it's just attaching an unoriginal game to a tragic thing via a bad pun, and extrapolating it ad absurdum. Oh if only it did that well. This game is a piece of shit...so far, not even funnier than the nazi[-related] penguin game which I still don't know what to think of.

Don't get me wrong, the engine looks nice and playable, but you could be doing such amazing things with your skill, don't waste it on lame, unfunny crap like this.

my $0.02