I Wanna Flip The Sky

A place where you can keep others updated about your NES-related projects through screenshots, videos or information in general.

Moderator: Moderators

Denine

Re: I Wanna Flip The Sky

Post by Denine »

I'm not really sure. It's just hard to progress the wall jumping sequence. But looks like it's just me 'cause others haven't reported it as strange or invalid.
So, what about music? Do you plan to make some changes to the game or just leave it as it is?
jayminer

Post by jayminer »

I didn't really have any problems with performing the wall-jumps, but I think the collision-detection against the spikes is a little picky, making Level 11 (I think) really really hard.

But I really shouldn't be the one to complain - since Driar has some really picky collisions against spike-blocks :D

On some of the harder/longer levels (like the wall-jumping stage (was that the one called Jacob's Ladder?)) I think it would have been nice with checkpoints halfway through, so you don't have to start from the beginning all the time.
-----
slightly bored and severly confused...
Dwedit

Post by Dwedit »

Also, level 2 (or whatever it was), where you need to fit through the one square-sized gap is unfair, it's very hard to reduce your velocity so you fit.
Here come the fortune cookies! Here come the fortune cookies! They're wearing paper hats!
thefox

Post by thefox »

Dwedit wrote:Also, level 2 (or whatever it was), where you need to fit through the one square-sized gap is unfair, it's very hard to reduce your velocity so you fit.
That part with a lot of disappearing spikes where you had to align the hero on a 16x16 tile? Yeah, that was nasty.
Download STREEMERZ for NES from fauxgame.com! — Some other stuff I've done: fo.aspekt.fi
Tom

Post by Tom »

jayminer wrote:On some of the harder/longer levels (like the wall-jumping stage (was that the one called Jacob's Ladder?)) I think it would have been nice with checkpoints halfway through, so you don't have to start from the beginning all the time.
I was thinking about adding a cruel mode, where death sent you back to the title screen, so maybe an easy mode with checkpoints would be good too.
Dwedit wrote:Also, level 2 (or whatever it was), where you need to fit through the one square-sized gap is unfair, it's very hard to reduce your velocity so you fit.
Level 2 is this one:

But I'm thinking you meant this one?
Are you using a second flip to get through?
thefox wrote:That part with a lot of disappearing spikes where you had to align the hero on a 16x16 tile? Yeah, that was nasty.
You mean this?
You don't need to line yourself up exactly
[spoiler]you can jump into the wall above to line yourself up.[/spoiler]
-Tom
thefox

Post by thefox »

Tom wrote:Image
You don't need to line yourself up exactly
[spoiler]you can jump into the wall above to line yourself up.[/spoiler]
Ah, true.
Download STREEMERZ for NES from fauxgame.com! — Some other stuff I've done: fo.aspekt.fi
OscarRichard

Post by OscarRichard »

Yeah, looks really challenging. I think I'm gonna change my key configuration on my lap, cause it's a lil' bit hard to handle with it. I'll give it a 2nd chance, later and see how far I could go. ;)
tepples

Post by tepples »

Bump for two reasons:
  1. Posted the ROM as an attachment in case Mediafire goes down.
  2. This game may be included as the sixteenth game in the Streemerz bundle.
Dwedit wrote:I once made a game where you could safely walk on spikes, or even end a jump (not descending) on spikes. But if you descended onto spikes, they killed you.
Prince of Persia has a similar rule: the player can't run through spikes but can walk through them.

EDIT: A sprite glitch on the title screen has been fixed. The new version is attached to this post.
tepples

Post by tepples »

We're working on a second printing of the Streemerz bundle. Is it OK to include this game in the Action 53 collection long-term?