SMB For Sega Genesis - Eeprom question..

Discussion of development of software for any "obsolete" computer or video game system. See the WSdev wiki and ObscureDev wiki for more information on certain platforms.
TheDeath

SMB For Sega Genesis - Eeprom question..

Post by TheDeath »

Hello!
Please can you help me figure out how can i double up the size of this game in order to burn in on a 27C160?
The game size's about 64Kb (it's the Super Mario Bros Maitrus 2010 version) but i only have 1MB 27C160 eproms..

I usually do that with snes carts among with Lunar Expand.
I have tryed the same with this genesis game but it wont work..

Weird thing is that i have tryed first on mine emulator, correct the checksum, and the game was working fine..

Bad thing is that i have 40-42 pin eeprom with that size (64Kb, 128Kb,512Kb) but the pinout of these are totally messed up compared to the mask roms, they also miss pins like A18/A19 wich i think they are necessary.

How can i fill up this rom?
I got a willem programmer

Thank you for your help!
Manuele
tepples

Re: SMB For Sega Genesis - Eeprom question..

Post by tepples »

Is it linear and headerless (.bin or .gen) or interleaved and with a copier header (.smd)? If headerless, you can just go to Command Prompt and

Code: Select all

copy /b file.gen+file.gen bigger.gen
TmEE

Re: SMB For Sega Genesis - Eeprom question..

Post by TmEE »

No MD game relies on mirroring, you can only program the first bit of the chip with the ROM and it will work. There's no need to double+ the image size (unless your burning tool is kinda limited)