It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:55 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Psy-Q for Nintendo 64?
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 11:18 am 

This may sound like the same thing I asked before, but was there ever a Psy-Q development kit for the N64? I mean, I heard of one for the SNES, Playstation, and even Saturn. But was there ever an N64 version? If there is, can you show me the download link (clean download, please!). If not, that's fine... I'll probably just keep using Libdragon, then.

Thanks! :)

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 11:47 am 

Yes, there was a Psy-Q devkit for the N64.

No, we will not give you a download link, because that is illegal.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 2:11 pm 

That and the current parent company of the maker of Psy-Q would probably want your company developing for PS3, PS Vita, or PS4 anyway. First start by porting your game to FreeBSD to make sure it doesn't rely on any Windows-isms.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 1:23 pm 

tepples wrote:
That and the current parent company of the maker of Psy-Q would probably want your company developing for PS3, PS Vita, or PS4 anyway. First start by porting your game to FreeBSD to make sure it doesn't rely on any Windows-isms.

Yeah, that's definitely the most reasonable way...

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:08 pm 

OK, thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:44 pm 

I stumbled across this so I just thought I'd make an account to comment and add some details in case anyone else is wondering. The development "kit" itself came with an SCSI reader for your 486 Pentium(holy processor speed batman) which would be easy enough to duplicate, however, it also came with a real time development cartridge setup as follows.

1) Put development cartridge that came with kit in n64
2) put an n64 game in back of dev cart(there's a slot duh)
3) connect SCSI link cable from pc to side slot in cart

Then there was a software installation with drivers and debugger tools along with a semi-realtime compiler for C/assembly. But in reference to what you were wanting, while there ARE libraries out there in the deep untamed lands of the internet, you would have to recreate the setup in some fashion in order to properly use all the tools provided in the kit. Creators of Everdrive64 and 64Drive did different yet comparable projects.

Hope that helped to answer your question. If you're passionate about this than just keep searching for more material and bang your head against the wall when you get stuck. At least you know what was in the kit now !