It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:44 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:11 am 

Hey once again, I've tried to program Donald in Maui Mallard (NTSC hack) on a 27C322 EPROM but the ROM is 3MB, so I did the famous SNES trick- 3MB of data + last 1/3 of data = 4MB of data to fill the whole memory. So after I soldered the IC into my PCB, it doesn't work unfortunately.... There must be some rom-related issue because I verified the chip 2 times and even by comparing it using Total Commander and everything was programmed 100% correct, so what should I do in this case?? And to be more clear- of course I connected A19 & A20 to cartridge connector so there's no problem in that. Please for any replies and advices. Big thanks in advance!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:52 pm 

Sorry to not answer the OP's question but am I the only one who'd like to see these topics go on a dev cart subforum? That way the SNES and Other Retro subforums can concentrate on software-related issues for these systems.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:55 pm 

Alright, ironically I've solved the problem myself- I was supposed to swap byte before programming and now the game works perfectly. Thanks for your interest anyway :D