It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:43 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:41 am
Posts: 46
nocash wrote:
Might be wifi firmware related. The launcher boots up despite of wifi firmware errors - but refuses to start games if that error had occurred.
For DWM-W024 wifi boards you would need the newer wifi firmware revision, 00000002.app. But you should normally have that in v1.4.
If the bug occurred only after installing unlaunch, try uninstalling it, to see if that helps.
Or scandisk the decrypted emmc image, or compare the wifi firmware file against a redownloaded copy from nusdownloader, in case fat corruption had destroyed it.


Thank you. I have updated the wifi with nus, no change. The nand works fine in NO$GBA. Not unlaunch is causing the error. It's hardware related (something between the wifi board and the cpu). In fact, unlaunch saved this board from the trash. I was hoping for a simple solution to edit the launcher to ignore the wifi board.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:09 pm
Posts: 1009
For a cpu-to-wifi wiring diagram, click the picture at the bottom of the no$gba webpage. But that would be useful only if the problem is a broken wire between cpu and wifi. Bad solderpad underneath of the cpu would be more difficult, and burned transistor inside of the cpu would be even worse. A bit easier would be dirty or worn out pins on the wifi board connector.
Did you try using a different wifi board? And does the wifi itself work, eg. in dsi browser? Well, to test that with nonworking system settings, you would need to configure the access point settings for the wifi board on another console, or rename your access point to use matching ssid and password of an already configured access point, you can dump the access point settings in wifi flash aka "in nds firmware chip" with fwtool.
Hmmmm, and the problem might be yet elsewhere, the main reason that makes you think that it's wifi related is the nonworking system settings stuff, right?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:41 am
Posts: 46
nocash wrote:
Hmmmm, and the problem might be yet elsewhere, the main reason that makes you think that it's wifi related is the nonworking system settings stuff, right?


You are correct. And yes, I've also tested it with different known working wi-fi boards. In the past i even replaced the wifi connector and it didn't help. I think it's the solder under the cpu. If this would be a single situation I'd just gave up, but in the past i had over 10 board with the same problem. I salvaged the cart connector and the rest went to trash (there was no unlaunch back then). Now I have 2 boards with this problem. That's why I hopped for a simple way to disable the wifi check in the system launcher. I didn't know the wifi settings are saved on the wifi board. I will test when I get home.

EDIT: I used a working dsi and set up a wifi connection. I also accepted the user agreement in system settings. I removed the wifi board and placed it in the broken dsi. Now i started the browser from unlaunch. It tells me I must accept the dsi network services agreemnet. Now I go to system settings---internet---user agreement. It tells me it must connect to the internet. And it just searches for the connection. The small icon on the top screen for the signal strength show no lines. So there's no internet connection. The same thing for the shop. In pictochat I get this error: "communication error. the nintendo ds will now shut down.". Also if I shortly press the power button for reset (in doesn't matter in what app) the console resets, but unlaunch doesn't come on, only black screens.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:14 am
Posts: 4
Are the disabled RSA checks supposed to carry over when loading an item from the system menu / launcher? I'm wondering because I experimented with changing the version info (title\0003000F\484E4Cxx\content) and that leads to an error screen when opening some items (System Settings, DSi Shop, and 3DS Transfer Tool). Everything else still opens okay (DSi Sound, games/DSiWare, DS Download Play, DSi Browser, DSi Camera).

This is with unlaunch v1.7.

I tried replacing the hash in the TMD assuming that hash checks still occur even if the TMD signature check is bypassed. There's also a signature before the NitroARC section in the .app file, but I hoped that would be bypassed as well.

I also tried leaving the TMD alone in case the TMD signature is checked but not the hashes. However, that would still leave the signature before the NitroARC data as invalid.

Any help would be very welcome. Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:28 pm
Posts: 24
System Settings and some other system apps may have their own checks and those are not patched out. Only Launcher. As I recall with my System Settings, I just modified the Ver string inside the app instead of trying to modify the version data SRL. :P


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:09 pm
Posts: 1009
Yes, only launcher is patched, things like system settings aren't patched (though you could do so yourself).
Apropos modifying version data, there is this thing in there:
Code:
 user_area_size.bin  - eg. 08000000h (signed) (=128Mbyte?) (aka 1024 "blocks"?)

It would be interesting if that value does really affect the amount of useable SD/MMC space for DSiware. Did you test that when messing with the file?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:14 am
Posts: 4
nocash wrote:
Yes, only launcher is patched, things like system settings aren't patched (though you could do so yourself).

I guess I'll have to find out if it's practical to do myself. Modifying some data is trivial compared to having the knowledge to properly modify unlaunch and/or DSi code, and sadly the latter may to be out of my reach right now.

I noticed that v1.8 apparently loads the version data based on the release notes. What does unlaunch load it for if the System Menu doesn't normally load and use it?

nocash wrote:
Apropos modifying version data, there is this thing in there:
Code:
 user_area_size.bin  - eg. 08000000h (signed) (=128Mbyte?) (aka 1024 "blocks"?)

It would be interesting if that value does really affect the amount of useable SD/MMC space for DSiware. Did you test that when messing with the file?


I didn't test that, no. I was only looking at changing eula_url.bin, nup_host.bin, and NintendoCA-G2.der in relation to keeping the DSi highly or fully functional online when (not if) the servers those are dependent on are shut down.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:04 am
Posts: 2
Hello, I am using Unlaunch 1.8 on a normal DSi. the program is refusing to launch a NTR cart(tried 3 games) and the games work from the normal DSi menu. I was told to come here after some people and I on the NDS(i)Brew scene discord. We tried HBChecker and reinstalling all the programs as well and testing different sd cards. Any assistance?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:09 pm
Posts: 1009
Is that a retail cartridge, or flashcart? Or something with special add-on hardware in it?
And do you mean all 3 games don't work, or only 3 games don't work (and others do work)?
If it's a cheap cartridge, easiest would be if you would donate it... then I could look for myself & fix it.

I've tested booting from rom carts with 6-7 retails carts (mostly NDS carts, and some DSi carts), and those are all working fine. The cart loading is a bit tweaked to make it faster than how nintendo is doing it (which might cause problems if a few games require to be booted more slowly or with smaller sector sizes). And apart from cart hardware/timings, there could be software/initialization issues (then the games may have the problems when starting them in no$gba).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:07 pm
Posts: 1
Have the same "you have discovered unknown old firmware version" when try to install unlaunch 1.8 on japanes 1.4.5J. Is there will be new version of unlaunch ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:04 am
Posts: 2
nocash wrote:
Is that a retail cartridge, or flashcart? Or something with special add-on hardware in it?
And do you mean all 3 games don't work, or only 3 games don't work (and others do work)?
If it's a cheap cartridge, easiest would be if you would donate it... then I could look for myself & fix it.

I've tested booting from rom carts with 6-7 retails carts (mostly NDS carts, and some DSi carts), and those are all working fine. The cart loading is a bit tweaked to make it faster than how nintendo is doing it (which might cause problems if a few games require to be booted more slowly or with smaller sector sizes). And apart from cart hardware/timings, there could be software/initialization issues (then the games may have the problems when starting them in no$gba).

Retail carts. Pokemon soulsilver and pokemon diamond. No games work


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:18 am
Posts: 2
Hello, I am using Unlaunch 1.9 on a normal DSi with HiyaCFW. If I try to launch some DSiWares using TwiLightMenu++, I get no sound (for example the DSiWare Maestro Green Groove). I've been told in another forum that this issue is related to unLaunch and not to TwiLightMenu++ as TwiLightMenu++ run DSiWares through UnLaunch. I then installed the game to the EmuNand and:
- if I run the game (Maestro Green Groove) through the DSiMenu I correctly get sound
- If I run the installed game directly through UnLaunch (i.e. I press A+B on DSi Power On and choose the installed game in the unlaunch file list) I get no sound (same behaviour as launching the game through TwiLightMenu++)
And, finally, if I run the .NDS file directly through UnLaunch I get an error (save file missing / damaged) but I think this is expected.

Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:09 pm
Posts: 1009
ederenzi78 wrote:
Hello, I am using Unlaunch 1.9 on a normal DSi with HiyaCFW. If I try to launch some DSiWares using TwiLightMenu++, I get no sound (for example the DSiWare Maestro Green Groove). I've been told in another forum that this issue is related to unLaunch and not to TwiLightMenu++ as TwiLightMenu++ run DSiWares through UnLaunch. I then installed the game to the EmuNand and:
- if I run the game (Maestro Green Groove) through the DSiMenu I correctly get sound
- If I run the installed game directly through UnLaunch (i.e. I press A+B on DSi Power On and choose the installed game in the unlaunch file list) I get no sound (same behaviour as launching the game through TwiLightMenu++)
And, finally, if I run the .NDS file directly through UnLaunch I get an error (save file missing / damaged) but I think this is expected.

Are you sure about Unlaunch 1.9? As far as I remember, the latest release yet was Unlaunch 1.8.

Yes, missing sav file could be a problem... if the file file is missing (but you could fix that issue yourself (don't know if that would help on sound issues)).

In general, sound should be for working, for example when loading Flipnote via unlaunch (either from SD or eMMC). Did you test that, too, and does it work for you?

If some titles don't have sound... that might be due to whatever special case. Does the game use Teak DSP sound? New or old TSC mode? And are there any obvious wrong settings... like one of the vatious sound control registers muting sound output? Maybe you could see something eye-catching when runnung SD and eMMC images in no$gba.

CrazyAlexx wrote:
Retail carts. Pokemon soulsilver and pokemon diamond. No games work

Oh, those seem to be quite expensive, and at least one them is said to have special infrared hardware (though I don't know if that's wired to the SPI bus, or to the ROM bus, and if that extra hardware is related to the problem at all).

I am afraid that I've no idea how to fix what without having those games. Only idea would be looking at the cart header of those cartridges (or of the Maestro dsiware title). Can you post a copy of those headers? Only the first kilobyte, not the whole rom-image.

Voodoo wrote:
Have the same "you have discovered unknown old firmware version" when try to install unlaunch 1.8 on japanes 1.4.5J. Is there will be new version of unlaunch ?

Yes, I'll try to get around to release something without that message next days.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:52 pm
Posts: 9
There seems to be a weird bug with DSiWare booting via args from homebrew.
Sometimes, the DSiWare doesn't boot, but when a button is held (such as L), chances of the DSiWare not booting, are lowered, and thus, the DSiWare boots.

Do you think it's a bug with the CRC calculation function from the BIOS?
I've heard the BIOS functions aren't good.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:09 pm
Posts: 1009
The SWI functions in BIOS are a bit slow, but they should be stable. And, especially, they shouldn't freak-out in relation to the L-Button. That sounds more like a feature that is actually behaving different when pressing the button - or some timing problem where the button handling is affecting some unstable timings (or memory caching, or maybe triggering a button-irq, or whatever).

Do you have some idea if the problem is in your own code, or in unlaunch, or in official firmware, or whatever other software you are executing?
What args do you mean? The parameter at 2000000h, or the titleid at 2000300h, or the unlaunch filename at 2000800h... or yet something else?

Btw. somebody mentioned missing sound in some games above, and that you (?) had said that it's problem in unlaunch. Do you know what is wrong there?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group