Game doctor SF7 Help

Discussion of development of software for any "obsolete" computer or video game system. See the WSdev wiki and ObscureDev wiki for more information on certain platforms.
Thunderwing

Game doctor SF7 Help

Post by Thunderwing »

Hi People.

Im new to this stuff and have tried to sort this out myself for a few weeks now and I'm now at a point I need help.

I have a problem with a Game Doctor SF7, I bought this a while back, not knowing if it was working, I have since found my old snes (pal) and made sure it was working. I also purchased a 12v 1.2A power supply for the unit (center negative).

I have tried it in my snes and I dont get power to the SF7 no Floppy light and nothing but a black screen (no output), I have tried with a cart on the top of the unit and without both with the same black screen results. I have tried turning on the snes with the R button pressed but again, with no results.

My first question is do I have to do anything to my snes (total original non modded console)? secondly does the SF7 have a SMD fuse? I will admit, I have taken the thing apart and found that the floppy drive power has a 5v line but doesnt seem to have a negative only a white cable is this right?

Please if anyone can help?

Kind regards

Brian
MottZilla

Re: Game doctor SF7 Help

Post by MottZilla »

Most Game Doctor SF units are NTSC. Is your CIC in the PAL console disabled or are you certain the CIC in the GDSF is a PAL CIC?
Thunderwing

Post by Thunderwing »

Ok so my pal snes has had no modifications and is stock, is there a way to set the cic to pal on the GDSF?
MottZilla

Post by MottZilla »

If you take a cheap PAL game and remove its CIC and replace the NTSC CIC chip inside the GDSF it will work. Otherwise if you do a lockout chip disable mod to the console that would work as well. You'll have to desolder the CIC from the PAL game but inside the GDSF it might be in a socket which would make that part easier. I'm not familiar with disabling the lock out chip in the console requires so it might be more difficult than swapping the CIC in the GDSF.