Brand new NES, SNES and Genesis pcbs available

A place that you can discuss reproduction of classic titles or "licensed-for-reproduction" homebrew for personal use.

Moderators: B00daW, Moderators

Forum rules
1. NO BLATANT PIRACY. This includes reproducing homebrew less than 10 years old, with the exception of free software.
2. No advertising your reproductions, with the exception of free software.
3. Be nice. See RFC 1855 if you aren't sure what this means.
getafixx

Brand new NES, SNES and Genesis pcbs available

Post by getafixx »

Hey folks. Since reproduction games are super rampant right now, and the use of donor carts is quite high, I figured I'd throw a plug in for my bro RetroStage over on Nintendo Age. He's got new boards so people don't need to salvage donor carts anymore! (mods if this isn't ok feel free to lock)

They're brand new pcbs for homebrew/dev or repros for NES, SNES, and Sega Genesis. All boards are done with through-hole chips, so they are easy to solder even for a newbie. And parts are cheap to find on anywhere like eBay or Digikey.

The SNES boards will work with any title up to 96Mbit (including Star Ocean!) that doesn't have a co-processor like Super FX, SA-1, etc. He also has cart shells for them available from his site. Also handles up to 256K of SRAM for titles that require it.

The Genesis boards will play any title that doesn't have a custom mapper (so games like Pier Solar or SSF2 will not work), and supports all games up to 32Mbit (4mbyte).

The NES boards come in 3 different types: MMC1, MMC3, and the discrete mappers (U*ROM, A*ROM, CNROM or NROM). No more need to take apart donors and painful rewiring! Make your repros in minutes flat!

These boards are available from him on NintendoAge via PM. Link to the thread is Here

Or they can be bought directly from the website: http://www.retrostage.net/

There is a parts list on there for what is required for each board.

**Edited for new products and title**
Last edited by getafixx on Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Markfrizb

Re: Brand new SNES and Genesis pcbs available

Post by Markfrizb »

Hey guys,
I'll have my pcb available pretty soon for the snes.
It'll have all parts pre-mounted so all you need to do is burn and install the roms.
Here's a video of my proto running a few examples

http://youtu.be/0vfLNjXzNMw

Price point should be around $15 or less. I'll have more accurate pricing soon when I get assembly quotes.
Again, this is my prototype so the final version will be cleaned up. This is just for the pcb. All parts will be mounted. Pcb can run the ExHiRom games or any of the standard hi or lo rom mapped games including home brews but not the special chip games (FX or SDD1, etc..)

Thanks for looking.

Edit: changed the video link to a more comprehensive video of its capabilities.
getafixx

Post by getafixx »

There are new NES repro boards available over on NintendoAge. MMC1, MMC3 and the discrete mappers (UOROM, AOROM, CNROM, etc). Also has a new SNES repro board capable of playing most games, including Star Ocean! Can also handle games that require 256K SRAM.

See the links in the first post :)
nintendo2600

Post by nintendo2600 »

getafixx wrote:There are new NES repro boards available over on NintendoAge. MMC1, MMC3 and the discrete mappers (UOROM, AOROM, CNROM, etc). Also has a new SNES repro board capable of playing most games, including Star Ocean! Can also handle games that require 256K SRAM.

See the links in the first post :)
So just blank PCB's for sale? Was looking for pre-populated boards that had all the fixings aside from the eproms.
muramasa

Re: Brand new NES, SNES and Genesis pcbs available

Post by muramasa »

I also have a selection of new boards available as well. You can find them at my site muramasaentertainment.com
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Glad to see more people joining the market, but why does every retailer of these kinds of things have to be in the US? :(
getafixx

Post by getafixx »

RetroStage is actually in Canada, but probably not much difference for you if you're in Europe.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Yeah, same difference :\
I've been pleased with my orders from infiniteneslives, but it's expensive to import.
mrTentacle

Post by mrTentacle »

I've recently completed my snes repro board, available here
https://www.tindie.com/stores/mrTentacle/

I'm in Europe btw