1A3B-13 socket board works with some games but not others

A place that you can discuss reproduction of classic titles or "licensed-for-reproduction" homebrew for personal use.

Moderators: B00daW, Moderators

Forum rules
1. NO BLATANT PIRACY. This includes reproducing homebrew less than 10 years old, with the exception of free software.
2. No advertising your reproductions, with the exception of free software.
3. Be nice. See RFC 1855 if you aren't sure what this means.
nepharax

1A3B-13 socket board works with some games but not others

Post by nepharax »

Hey all,

I made a little test board so I could make sure my 27c801 burns worked before I soldered them in.

I wired up a socket and swapped pins 24 and 31. The only game I tried that worked (out of 6 games) was SMW: Return to Dinosaur Land. Nothing else works. Any idea why other 8mbit games won't work with this cart? For games with no SRAM, I even removed the SRAM and added a socket to test with and without SRAM and it still didn't make a difference.

Here's a picture of the board:

Used the guide here to wire it: http://nintendoage.com/forum/messagevie ... did=136815

This guy also made a TMNT repro using the same cart I used but I can't get that ROM to load either.

Here's his cart: http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd5 ... 2b038e.jpg

Any ideas would be appreciated.
nepharax

Re: 1A3B-13 socket board works with some games but not other

Post by nepharax »

I may have figured it out, but I'm not able to test until later. The only one I swapbinned was RTDL, I did not know you could swapbin a 8mbit rom. I'm assuming that's necessary for the 24/31 swap to work.
Markfrizb

Re: 1A3B-13 socket board works with some games but not other

Post by Markfrizb »

nepharax wrote:I may have figured it out, but I'm not able to test until later. The only one I swapbinned was RTDL, I did not know you could swapbin a 8mbit rom. I'm assuming that's necessary for the 24/31 swap to work.

yep. Gotta swap bin the game before the 24/31 wire swap will work