Anyone have the wiring for m27c160 chips

A place that you can discuss reproduction of classic titles or "licensed-for-reproduction" homebrew for personal use.

Moderators: B00daW, Moderators

Forum rules
1. NO BLATANT PIRACY. This includes reproducing homebrew less than 10 years old, with the exception of free software.
2. No advertising your reproductions, with the exception of free software.
3. Be nice. See RFC 1855 if you aren't sure what this means.
nintendo2600

Re: Anyone have the wiring for m27c160 chips

Post by nintendo2600 »

icemanxp300 wrote:Nintendo2600 man what is your problem. Yes I openly admit that is me. I have never denied it.

because I wouldn't give him madden donors I had. He told me what I was doing was fine because I marked my games as reproduction, not that that matters.
Nope, I was pissed cause you went on about having tons of them and I had helped you learn a few tricks and I said if you
wanted to return the favor (cause you said you wish you could return the favor) you could sell me some of them. You said you had a pretty much endless supply so I didn't think it would matter. You wouldn't which is was your call of course. I had not learned that you are out for #1 and only #1 at that time so ya it was a real pisser.
When I first started he made a thread to cut me out saying he would sell any repro for $10 less than anybody else.
Yep I sure did, cause you only want to exploit the fans of the hobby, not take part in it for anything other than financial gain. As proven when you said you quit your day job just to sell repro pirate carts. This was after you lost your mind insulting myself and another friend of mine for not selling you adapter pcbs for lower than cost for you to make bank on.
Most recently he is upset I purchased 200 jag carts fro $1 each plus shipping and I have them listed for $12.99 shipped on ebay.
Yep cause again you said you had no interest in the Atari Jaguar until you got in on those carts so you could make them into rare retail game repros and sell them for $35 a pop. And when you found out those $1 pcbs where not all 2 chip and some where 4 you decided to flip them on ebay and think nobody on the forum would give a damn cause you said you where selling for $7 cheaper than another guy who is just as scummy as you are.
My intentions was to sell reproductions at a low cost and marked to try and stop the flooding of unmarked games. People are selling them all over at least this way they are marked and people know what they are buying.
Bull. You are doing it cause you saw an opening to make $$$ and all you had to do was bug everyone else to teach you how to do even the most trivial electronics work.
Shawn is upset because the recent influx of Chinese knock-offs he has not been selling many games and even made a thread about how he is getting out of it.
Nope, I said it's not worth my time to do so as the Chinese are selling them for next to nothing and I couldn't be bothered anymore.
At any rate I take full account for my actions and I do not deny them and make other people look bad for the same thing I do.
You are not the same as most in the hobby. You are here for money and money only. You're not a programmer, your not an electronics enthusiast, you are just a pirate looking to cash in. A real jerk of one at that. I actually question if you even like video
games or if this is just all about money and nothing else to you.
icemanxp300

Post by icemanxp300 »

I'm sure people here really do not care about this drama. It is true I quit my job as I hated it. I did not quit my job solely expecting to make a career out of selling repros. Yes I did see a profit from them and bounced on it. I resell lots of stuff and adding repros into it was enough to let me quit a job I hated.

The reason I even thought about repros was NOT the money though. I had thought about making them for years prior to that. I wanted to be able to put different hacks and such on carts that other people did not want to do for me, such as the Super Mario World Intrigue hack.

The deciding factor that pushed me into investing a $1000 of my own money and months of research to make these was the fake little Samson's selling for $200. I seen ebay auctions selling Megaman x3 super famicom along with a brand new NTSC label tossed on a NTSC shell. They were doing stuff like this and it pissed me off.

I did not flip over the jaguar carts being 4 chips instead of 2, yes I was disappointed in it. I resell for a living and yes when I seen the jag carts for $1 I seen opportunity and bought them. The guy was selling over 1000 carts and ended up selling AL most of them. He has them in the AA store for $10 each but that's ok?

Here is how I flipped. Go ahead and read it.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/260667 ... try3689269

The guy listed them for sale for reprogramming. He made it min 50 order, who do you think is going to buy 50+ Come on. Something tells me you are mad you missed out on the opportunity.

Why don't you go report yourself for doing the same thing. Then go and report everyone else who sells repros. Retrousb, gametech, all the other ebay and etsy sellers. Don't even say that because they sell famicom translations and such that that is different. It is not. Copyright is copyright there is no good to copy bad to copy. It's all the same.

As far as me having no interest in the hobby. Here is my collection posted in 2012 and updated in 2013 two years before I even decided to get into reproduction making.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/193595 ... try2754794

Where's all your games? I have been in this hobby since the 1980's when I got my first nes and hardcore collecting since 2006. I ended up selling alot of my nes my collection back in 2004 and started rebuilding back in 2006. I currently have somewhere around 625 original released nes games in my collection. No I don't collect rare games anymore that part of this hobby was killed for me.

This constant harassment by you on all my threads is getting old. Yes I know you were likely one of the ebay sellers getting $200 for your fake shit and are now mad your lucrative market had crashed. Repros have dropped across the board not just for you. Look at Gametech he has cut his prices almost in half.

Honestly I am happy the market for repros has crashed and I don't care if people buy them or not. Just like my jaguar carts I have the listing up for competition and to ensure prices stay low. Although now china has bombarded the market That's a no longer a concern hence this thread being a direct extension of your lack of being able to sell your games.

Hypocrite leave me alone.
tepples

Post by tepples »

icemanxp300 wrote:Then go and report everyone else who sells repros. Retrousb, gametech, all the other ebay and etsy sellers.
RetroUSB is out of the repro business now, with the exception of NWC and its sequels. I'd be interested to see what comes from reporting RetroUSB, given the litigious reputation of all three companies featured on NWC (Nintendo, Square Enix, and Tetris).
nintendo2600

Post by nintendo2600 »

icemanxp300 wrote:
blah, blah, blah.
Oh, how about the die cut labels? When you where asked about them you said you won't share any info about them correct? What shape would you be in if all the people who have shared info with you gave you the same response? You want everyone to help you but refuse to do the same. This shows what kind of person you are and your track record shows you are only getting worse. You as a person is the main problem here. The fact that you don't notice it as a problem is even worse.
icemanxp300

Post by icemanxp300 »

I find the laches thing very interesting.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laches_(equity)

It has always boggled my mind why for the last 10 years (give or take) people were making repros, hacks and so on and Nintendo never did anything about them. Then I read it is less about Nintendo but more about the publishers and such of those games many of which don't even exist anymore.

Some people say they just don't care. I really don't get how companies make all these after market systems and such if copyrights never expire. Then you have people who make homebrews from ports of different systems (not saying I know of any on this site) and say they have copyright over a game they altered in which they had zero right to alter in the first place.

The entire reproduction market infuriated me for years honestly and I finally just said to hell with it. I sat and watched and watched and nothing ever happened to them.

Then toss in licensing and such and that's a whole different level on it's own. Not that I have anything against homebrews but majority are not licensed as afaik. Imagine if they came out with a Yobo switch tomorrow or a homebrew switch game, Nintendo would be all over that and it would be ended instantly.

Look at the classic mini. It has been hacked to play the entire nes library and doesn't seem like Nintendo even cares. The sites are still up w/the downloads. You Tube videos with links and so forth. I think the whole retro scene is a combination of Nintendo not caring about it and as some people put, it is good publicity and majority of it not really pertaining to Nintendo.

I was happy collecting my games before the internet made them worth so much. I use to collect sealed but that ended as reseals are so good now it is hard to tell them apart. Then the fakes of rare games. You have to open and inspect the boards and forget about labels. Having to use a black light and learn the ins and outs about how labels where made 30 years ago as compared to today to distinguish if you have original.

Now I soon as a game gets inflated I sell it. Collecting high priced games and determining if what you are buying is real or fake and then opening a return case and this and that, nope not me. I'm done with that. I leave that disaster to the hardcore collectors.
icemanxp300

Post by icemanxp300 »

nintendo2600 wrote:
icemanxp300 wrote:
blah, blah, blah.
Oh, how about the die cut labels? When you where asked about them you said you won't share any info about them correct? What shape would you be in if all the people who have shared info with you gave you the same response? You want everyone to help you but refuse to do the same. This shows what kind of person you are and your track record shows you are only getting worse. You as a person is the main problem here. The fact that you don't notice it as a problem is even worse.
Dude come on. I help people with the hardware portion of stuff all the time. My labels set my games apart and help me distinguish what I made and what I did not. I am not telling people how I make my labels. I spent a lot of time and wasted a lot of money buying different products until I found something that was decent.

I am not selling my donors I spent years to accumulate before I dived into this either. I did not say I had an infinite supply, I showed you a picture of like a 100 carts. You act like you showed me everything there is to know. You did not. I invested about 3 months of my time and had already learned on my own a good portion to the point where I was able to make reproductions for nes and snes before I even mentioned it on AA and started talking to you.

I have a friend who use to make reproductions and he was well known on Nintendo Age and he helped me immensely when I started. If I owe anybody anything it is him. He gave me so much material and information that you can't really find these days including artwork for tons of snes games.

You did help me on a few things and I thanked you for it. The mirroring on DT2 was one. As far as the adapter boards wiz made you I did not get upset over him not selling me them and I most certainly did not expect him to sell me them chip.

I was very confused over why he even showed me the boards if he had no intentions on selling me them. He made an assumption I wanted him to sell me 10 when I gladly would have bought bulk. I painfully pieced together the pin-outs for it via the help of some people here and yes you. I had 1 pin connected wrong at the point you posted the pin-outs a few pages back. Yes you did help me on that.

I then invested the next month educating myself and learning how to use eaglecad and I designed my own adapter board and no I don't want to sell those as I had to spend $350 to buy a batch and I'm not looking at buying them again. Snes does not sell well and once they are gone they are gone. Nes doesn't sell well either to be honest.

Reproductions is dying emulation and everdrives and such make them irrelevant these days. I can't wait till the bubble pops so I can get back to my hoarding.
tepples

Post by tepples »

If you want to put the pirate repro scene behind you while still using the same skills and investment in materials, I know something you can try. Pull all your listings down, take a month's vacation, design a new logo, and offer your services to developers of "homebrew" (which I define as original unlicensed games) for NES to manufacture and distribute the games on cartridge. Yes, I'm aware that this might not be as effective for Super NES, as Optiroc and others have pointed out.

I don't ban people I think can turn around to the light side.
icemanxp300

Post by icemanxp300 »

tepples wrote:If you want to put the pirate repro scene behind you while still using the same skills and investment in materials, I know something you can try.
Honestly I had planned on it. I am in the process of finding new work and once I do I will not want to bother with the hassles associated with this.

I would consider homebrew work but it just doesn't seem like something I could rely on as a solid income.

I can't afford to take a month vacation right now though. I am going to get out of the pirated portion of it and probably close my etsy shop entirely. I think I will still leave my ebay listings up regardless as that's not looked at the same way. Those listings are hacks, translations of famicom games and mega drive and so forth. I don't think people have a problem w/those being sold, right?
nintendo2600

Post by nintendo2600 »

icemanxp300 wrote:
I would consider homebrew work but it just doesn't seem like something I could rely on as a solid income.
And that's the ball game folks! :roll:
icemanxp300

Post by icemanxp300 »

nintendo2600 wrote:
And that's the ball game folks! :roll:
Man it's just fact. I need a full time job w/guaranteed work and reproductions in general does not seem like a solid income whether what I am selling now or homebrew for people.

I'm saying I would consider it but fact is I need to get a full time job and depending on what that entails I may not want to do any reproductions at all.

Unless I greatly underestimate the homebrew scene that just seems like side work to me?
Ice Man

Post by Ice Man »

Stop relying on repros as income and get a freaking job. Seriously.
It makes me mad that I helped people like you. I will never support people making repros to rip off people.

While I make repros as well (and I'm hell sure I'm not the only one here) I do not charge for them more than what they're worth plus I don't sell them on eBay and co. to get more for them.
I made my own boards and adapters for them as well without bothering people to make it for me. I learned how to work with Eagle.

My goal is to help people play those games that they want (translations of Japanese exclusives for example) for no profit at all, just helping out cause I love soldering.

Heck I even started 65c816 assembly back then but sadly never got around to make my own homebrew yet due to lack of motivation.
icemanxp300

Post by icemanxp300 »

Ice Man wrote:Stop relying on repros as income and get a freaking job. Seriously.
It makes me mad that I helped people like you. I will never support people making repros to rip off people.

While I make repros as well (and I'm hell sure I'm not the only one here) I do not charge for them more than what they're worth plus I don't sell them on eBay and co. to get more for them.
I made my own boards and adapters for them as well without bothering people to make it for me. I learned how to work with Eagle.
LOL. Don't let me sound ungrateful but please show me anything YOU posted that was actually helpful. Not a single bit of information you posted was accurate in regards to my questions. You kept speaking down to me every single reply assuming I was a complete idiot with no freaking clue what I was doing.

Your solutions was I was using the wrong pcb, or my wiring was bad and so on. Don't worry I will not ask for anyone's help on this site ever again. You have a set of morals that astound me. It's ok for YOU, its ok for SHAWN, it's ok for everyone else to make whatever games they feel are ok, regardless of the fact you are breaking copyright laws just the same. That Zelda parallel worlds is just as illegal to make as Hagane.

Shawn makes repros of rare games just as I do, so make sure you don't help him either. I mark my games as reproduction. If I didn't sell them marked people will buy them from others unmarked. That's a FACT, the sooner you learn that the better off you will be.

So let me get this straight you make your games for free? Good for you. I think you are a liar but whatever. It's ok for you and everyone else to sell your repros in private as long as nobody knows about it. Whatever. More hypocrites.

I do not have the time or desire for this. Do whatever you wish to my account. I will be logging off and not coming back regardless. Shawn thought he was hurting me by coming here and making this thread. This is juts a forum, at the end of the day real life, family, and bills are what matter. Keeping social appearances on a forum full of hypocrites not a priority.

Enjoy.
Ice Man

Post by Ice Man »

LOL. Don't let me sound ungrateful but please show me anything YOU posted that was actually helpful. Not a single bit of information you posted was accurate in regards to my questions. You kept speaking down to me every single reply assuming I was a complete idiot with no freaking clue what I was doing.
-While I don't know everything either, following schematics like the ones I posted isn't hard and they do work 100%.
That's not my fault if you can't read them and start other stuff with other diagrams that nobody mentiond.. I never spoke you down or make you look like an idiot, you did that part by yourself already. ;)

Your solutions was I was using the wrong pcb, or my wiring was bad and so on. Don't worry I will not ask for anyone's help on this site ever again. You have a set of morals that astound me. It's ok for YOU, its ok for SHAWN, it's ok for everyone else to make whatever games they feel are ok, regardless of the fact you are breaking copyright laws just the same. That Zelda parallel worlds is just as illegal to make as Hagane.
-I never said it was okay, learn to read, once again. It's just the fact that people like you or anyone else who tries to make money/income/profit of repros are pissing me off as a collector. I'm happy repro prices are dropping.

Shawn makes repros of rare games just as I do, so make sure you don't help him either. I mark my games as reproduction. If I didn't sell them marked people will buy them from others unmarked. That's a FACT, the sooner you learn that the better off you will be.
-I don't know Shawn to judge him but if he does the same, amen.

So let me get this straight you make your games for free? Good for you. I think you are a liar but whatever. It's ok for you and everyone else to sell your repros in private as long as nobody knows about it. Whatever. More hypocrites.
- I don't recall saying I made my repros for free. LEARN TO READ. SERIOUSLY.
Calling me a liar cause you can't read? How ironic.
I said I do not make profit of my repros. People pay what the actual material cost is worth, no more no less. And yes I do only make them private. Reason is simple; too many jerks on eBay.

I do not have the time or desire for this. Do whatever you wish to my account. I will be logging off and not coming back regardless. Shawn thought he was hurting me by coming here and making this thread. This is juts a forum, at the end of the day real life, family, and bills are what matter. Keeping social appearances on a forum full of hypocrites not a priority.
-Peace. Good luck finding help on other forums.
nintendo2600

Post by nintendo2600 »

Ice Man wrote:

Good luck finding help on other forums.
He's easily confused that just cause people can and\or have made "pirate" games that they must be just like him playing
Online Pirate WalMart. Myself, I've made a ton of games over the years for sure and won't say I haven't. As well as modding the hell out of systems, ect, ect. but I'm not running multiple online stores and being a scummy richard about it. My involvement in the hobby is just that, a hobby. It's not my job nor is it limited to pirating video games to make bank like that guy. He really doesn't get it that nobody is
looking to support his goals. Myself I've actually programmed my own games, sought licenses for IPs, bought and dumped unreleased prototypes for a couple systems to the public and had a really fun time doing it over the years. Even all that is just one part of my involvement and I'm surely not out for only #1 as I love sharing info and ideas with my peers as they have with me.