FF VII board and chip layout?

A place that you can discuss reproduction of classic titles or "licensed-for-reproduction" homebrew for personal use.

Moderators: B00daW, Moderators

Forum rules
1. NO BLATANT PIRACY. This includes reproducing homebrew less than 10 years old, with the exception of free software.
2. No advertising your reproductions, with the exception of free software.
3. Be nice. See RFC 1855 if you aren't sure what this means.
Retroraccoon

FF VII board and chip layout?

Post by Retroraccoon »

Has anyone been able to map a board and chip set out yet for the FF VII nes rom demake yet? Ive been try to figure it for awhile now and im at a loss as to what eproms and board I need to get to sucessfully put this into cart form. Any help or info would be extremely appreciated.
rainwarrior

Re: FF VII board and chip layout?

Post by rainwarrior »

I think this is a question for the reproductions forum, not this one, but to answer your question, it is this mapper:
http://wiki.nesdev.com/w/index.php/INES_Mapper_163

I don't know if anyone makes a board like this other than the original company, though.
tepples

Post by tepples »

There are two ways to proceed. One is to hack the game to use oversize BNROM (mapper 34) instead of mapper 163, using the Family BASIC circuit to decode the WRAM at $6000-$7FFF. The other is to implement mapper 163 in Verilog, put it on a CPLD, and make a board for that.
Retroraccoon

Post by Retroraccoon »

rainwarrior wrote:I think this is a question for the reproductions forum, not this one, but to answer your question, it is this mapper:
http://wiki.nesdev.com/w/index.php/INES_Mapper_163

I don't know if anyone makes a board like this other than the original company, though.
Sorry im new and wasnt sure where to put my question. Thank you the info and all those who have answered me. Very appreciated.