INL 4MB Cart issues

A place that you can discuss reproduction of classic titles or "licensed-for-reproduction" homebrew for personal use.

Moderators: B00daW, Moderators

Forum rules
1. NO BLATANT PIRACY. This includes reproducing homebrew less than 10 years old, with the exception of free software.
2. No advertising your reproductions, with the exception of free software.
3. Be nice. See RFC 1855 if you aren't sure what this means.
refugio

INL 4MB Cart issues

Post by refugio »

So I've tried flashing MULTIPLE games onto my INL 4MB cart, and while they flash perfectly fine, I've either had games the show up as a black screen, or when they DO load they don't work right.

with SMW, Yoshi's tongue doesn't come out, the animation doesn't happen nor does the action happen.

with Sparkster, I get graphical glitches, where the sprite disappears and stays gone and then glitches in and out consistently.

with Sunset Riders, the PC is always a garbled mess and shoots out garbled mess.

with Super Metroid, I can only see approx 1 in 5 shots from the blaster.

*edit*
Just tried Secret of Mana, I got to the main menu, selected New Game, it glitched out and black screened.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've used both Danin's software as well as the regular INL software.

Any ideas?
bluedanger

Re: INL 4MB Cart issues

Post by bluedanger »

Try reflashing it? What have you tried so far?
infiniteneslives

Post by infiniteneslives »

Very interesting problems you're having.

I can't recommend much beyond ensuring your cart connector on your SNES and the board contacts are good and clean.

If you're still having issues shoot me an email or ticket and we'll sort out a solution.
If you're gonna play the Game Boy, you gotta learn to play it right. -Kenny Rogers
Ice Man

Post by Ice Man »

Do original carts work fine? If not, I'd take a guess it's your SNES's VRAM/WRAM or worst case scenario, the PPU/CPU.