Biohazard famicom repro, help needed

A place that you can discuss reproduction of classic titles or "licensed-for-reproduction" homebrew for personal use.

Moderators: B00daW, Moderators

Forum rules
1. NO BLATANT PIRACY. This includes reproducing homebrew less than 10 years old, with the exception of free software.
2. No advertising your reproductions, with the exception of free software.
3. Be nice. See RFC 1855 if you aren't sure what this means.
UncleLudwig

Biohazard famicom repro, help needed

Post by UncleLudwig »

Hello!, first, sorry for the bad english, i want to do a Biohazard repro, is a bootleg game for the famiclone, my questions are:
_Its posible to change a mapper for another?, i have two roms, one in 015 mapper and another in 227, the only posible donor i found is the Contra 100 in 1 multicart, but the pcb has not battery.

_How i can add a battery on the pcb?

Thank you for your time
tepples

Re: Biohazard famicom repro, help needed

Post by tepples »

Mapper hacks are possible in theory, but you have to go through the whole program and change every place it writes to the mapper.
tokumaru

Post by tokumaru »

And that's obviously assuming that the target mapper is equivalent or superior to the original mapper.
krzysiobal

Post by krzysiobal »

Bio Hazard on mapper 15 will not work. BioHazard should not be assigned mapper 15 as it hangs on it, due to difference in banking. There is fixed version on mapper 227 (there difference is NOT only assigning other mapper number). If you want PCB for mapper 227, contact me on PM.